• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild 2 questions about the Yiga [SPOLIERS]

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I actually just ran into a clever trap by the Yiga, a footsoldier appeared ant started attacking a traveler. When I saved them, though, that traveler turned out to be another Yiga footsoldier. Gotta hand it to them, they approach you in so many ways it's almost impressive.
Why wouldn't they just double team you...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Why wouldn't they just double team you...
Because disguised ones don't reveal themselves unless you talk to them? idk maybe they're very particular about rules. But you can literally walk up to a disguised Yiga and mess with them, swing your sword at them etc, and they literally won't do a single thing about it unless you actually speak to them.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Because disguised ones don't reveal themselves unless you talk to them? idk maybe they're very particular about rules. But you can literally walk up to a disguised Yiga and mess with them, swing your sword at them etc, and they literally won't do a single thing about it unless you actually speak to them.
But then the trap isn't very clever. It'd be more clever if they double teamed you.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
The Yiga have been easy to kill (2 or 3 hits) since around the time I busted into their camp. So I'm not too worried about the fact that they keep popping up around me. I would be interested to hear how often different Yiga pop up for people. For instance, sometimes I get a big Yiga with the wind blade and other times I get the smaller Yiga with a circular weapon.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Where you are makes a difference in which ones spawn. For example, there are a lot of Yiga Blademasters in Akkala. Disguised Yiga are always in fixed positions across the map. You get to a point where you can tell immediately. Yiga Footsoldiers are a little more random but you can generally expect them to show up in certain areas.

As for the stealth section... you don't need to kill them, you can just go around... I personally didn't kill any of them when I did it.
In case you haven't realised already... you can lure them away with bananas, then sneak through before they get back.
That Gerudo lady in the cage told me they like bananas so I realised that's what they were good for.

However I went in all Chuck Norris on their asses and killed them all. Ice arrow to their face, followed by a whirlwind charge attack. Enough hits on them to kill them before the sword one "notice me" and spawn their annoying arrow shooting friends. Their swords are interesting. They blow a little wind around.
Took me a while to work out how to beat that boss to get the crown back though. The secret wall there was a nice trick though. As was the mountain of bananas in the hideout. I have not done the dungeon yet, only that little hideout.

I tried so many times to stealth it and always failed. Ended up just taking them out one by one with ice arrows.

I usually suck at stealth in games, so it seems strange that I managed to do this so easily when others have struggled.
The game basically shows you where you need to drop the bananas to lure them away with the collapsible platforms dotted around... shoot the support with an arrow to drop the bananas and just wait for them to notice.
If you do need to drop bananas yourself, remember to change the drop distance (Y while holding if I remember correctly) so that you don't have to get too close.
Also... keep an eye out for ladders... if you can get into the rafters you can move about more freely and work out their movement patterns from above... then it's just a matter of getting down without being seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom