• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild 2 questions about the Yiga [SPOLIERS]

Hi folks,

I'm in the Yiga hideout and was confused/worried about a couple of things.

I've heard that after this section groups of Yiga will kept appearing and hassling you through the rest of the game.

Is this really true? Can it be stopped? It sounds sooo annoying I'll have to leave this till the end of the game otherwise.

And also, should I be able to backstab one hit kill them in the sneaky part? I can do the first one easy enough, but I can't seem to do the second guarding the entrance to the next room. I lure him away and get right behind him but he doesn't die, just alerts everyone else.

Cheers

It is true that they harass you for the rest of the game, I made the mistake of doing Nabooris 2nd, it is very annoying.

They always seem to appear in the same places, so if you're having trouble with them, you could probably put a stamp on each location and just go around.

Ah good to know.

I'm not too concerned about how tough they are. I was worried that they'd randomly appear and attack me, perhaps when I was in the middle of something else.

Particularly just relaxing and wandering. It's they kind of thing that would irritate me.

Any idea how often? Is it like every 3 hours or so?

Also any ideas on whether I should be able to backstab all the Yiga in the sneaky section?

I don't think it's related to time... they seem to spawn every time I walk through a spawn location... if you avoid the spawn locations you probably won't see them at all.

As for the stealth section... you don't need to kill them, you can just go around... I personally didn't kill any of them when I did it.
In case you haven't realised already... you can lure them away with bananas, then sneak through before they get back.

I'm not too concerned about how tough they are. I was worried that they'd randomly appear and attack me, perhaps when I was in the middle of something else.
Tbh the most annoying part of it is when you're trying to take pictures of wildlife for your compendium and one has to appear and scare away your bird.

Any idea how often? Is it like every 3 hours or so?
I got the same guy to spawn twice in a row, so there really is no cooldown, no.

Tibari

Rinkuji
I made Nabooris first, and I don't bother Yigas, I mean they appear often but they're fun to fight, they can die quickly if you're good and you can get a lot of rupees, or the blade if you meet a sword Yiga.
It was interesting when a Yiga appeared with two stalmoblins while I tried to fight a gardian.

And
The Thunder Helm is totally worth completing Nabooris, even if you're harassed by Yigas. Like, you can let lightning fall on you and it does nothing to you, a lot of puzzles are easier because you can hold metal weapons and the lightning will hurt the ennemies around you. Perfect.

Last edited:
Ah, the same place makes it better.

I might just carry on then :)

Annoying while taking a photo, would be funny if they waited till you finish :)

I'd like to kill them in the lair if possible. Has anyone found that you can or cannot backstab that 2nd dude?

Cheers

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Ah, the same place makes it better.

I might just carry on then :)

Annoying while taking a photo, would be funny if they waited till you finish :)

I'd like to kill them in the lair if possible. Has anyone found that you can or cannot backstab that 2nd dude?

Cheers
I doubt you can. You're supposed to sneak past them.

This is driving me nuts too. I wish they'd **** off.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I did Naboris 3rd so it was perfect timing, after dealing with the disguised guys for a while you finally go to their hideout and "confront" them and defeat their boss. Then the second half of the playthrough they're more focused on killing you.

Some tips: there's really nothing you can do about the ones that spawn but if you spot their talismans appearing you can just run right up to them and they die in two hits if you have good weapons. The big guys with 400 health are harder but arrows are extremely effective on them.

You can instantly tell if a traveler is a Yiga guy by their behavior. If they're standing still, that's a dead giveaway. Also, they never have their own names, but by the time you talk to them and see that it's too late. But yeah, they're always standing in place. Legit travelers are always moving, unless they're taking shelter from the rain.

Tibari

Rinkuji
And the traveller's face is always suspicious, with its eyes wide open or a smirk.
But who would avoid those "travellers", they're hilarious xD I even bought a banana from the fake merchant

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I actually just ran into a clever trap by the Yiga, a footsoldier appeared ant started attacking a traveler. When I saved them, though, that traveler turned out to be another Yiga footsoldier. Gotta hand it to them, they approach you in so many ways it's almost impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom