Thread: (Big) Poes in Hyrule Field

kiryadin

Default (Big) Poes in Hyrule Field

Hi,

I am playing OOT and am now trying to catch the 10 big poes to get my last bottle. However, despite the fact that I trigger the exact areas where the big poes should appear, when I defeat it, catch it and bring it to the poe shop, I always get told it is just a normal poe. Also, on these spots the poes reappear, whereas it would sound more logical to me that the big poes would not appear again.

Can anybody tell me why I don't get the big poes? Is it some bug maybe? I seem to have an early version anyway because the fire temple tune also has the muslim chanting, and I know that the later released versions didn't have that.

Sniper Article WriterSite Staff Din Akera's Avatar
    AwardsItemsStats

You have to use epona to get the big poes. If you are on foot, the normal poes appear (on the same trigger spot) they are purple and much smaller. THe big poes are wearing yellow and have blueish green eyes. They won't attack you like the normal poes do, they will run away and you have to chase them with you horse.

Okay as for trigger spots, I posted this in a Big Poe Help thread:

1) Draw bridge: Ride away from Hyrule market draw bridge toward Lon Lon ranch. you have to ride over the cross of the two paths that meet by the sign that is standing there.

2) Kakariko stream: I find the easiest way to get this one is to back Epona up into the corner where the stream meets the wall at the base of the stairs to the village. If the poe appears as you go to put her there, run across into Zora's river to reset the field. When you come back Epona should still be there. Get on and ride right past the pillar and case the poe across the bridge to shoot it on open ground.

3) Stone wall: Ride down the length of the stone wall that is south of Lon Lon Ranch (it doesn't matter which side, your preference) You have to hug the wall and run over the spot where the wall becomes a corner.

4) The Rock: In the same area there is a silver rock, ride from the entrance to Kokiri forest toward the entrance to Lake Hylia down the path and pass it on the left side.

5)Lon Lon Entrance: Ride between the wall of Lon Lon and the Tree.

6) The river: The area to the left of the castle where the river flows into Gerudo Valley. This one is a little tricky because you have to be fast. I find the best way to do it is to ride down the steep hill from the entrance to Gerudo Valley along the wall, as you get to the bottom there are two trees and a bush that is front and center. If you make an nice curve with Epona and ride through the bush and along the edge of the water, the poe will appear, but you have to shoot it fast otherwise it runs into the wall and disappears.

7) Gerudo Crossroads: Okay, this one is tricky to catch but not to make come out. Ride from Gerudo Valley down the path toward lake hylia, you have to ride over the the spot where the two paths meet or slightly to the right (closer to the outside wall) and chase the poe out the whole where the overhang is, then try and shoot it.

8) The other side of Gerudo: This is one of the hardest for me to get. Ride down the path from Lake Hylia toward Gerudo Valley, but go to the right at the crossroads (out into the field), hug the stone Gerudo wall and right when you get past the edge of the wall move over to the left, there is a tree and a bush. Go between them (or through the bush). When the poe appears go to the left and chase it up the hill otherwise it runs straight into the wall and leaves again.

9) The patch of grasses: Behind Lon Lon ranch in between the Kokiri forest entrance and the Lake Hylia entrance, there is a patch of grass that is out in the middle of the area without trees. Ride through it.

10) The Bushes and trees: This one can be difficult to find too. In the same area (behind Lon Lon) there are all those trees and bushes. Ride from Kokiri toward Lake Hylia, you have to make a bit of an arc into the trees coming at it form this angle, but there is a bush that is on the other side of the patch of trees from where you entered. It is right by a gold rock. Ride through it. I'm sorry I can't be more specific on which bush it is, but I don't have a map with the bushes on it.

If you are using Epona and running over these trigger spots, and see the big pose, running away from you then Those are big poes. I'm not sure why the poe man isn't buying them from you.
    I'd rather be happy than dignified.
    On 25/06/12, at 11:49 PM, Tim / Hanyou wrote:
    > I don't jump at the opportunity to stare at monsters like you do, Axle.
    On 03/06/13, at 1:10 aM, Axle the Beast wrote:
    >All my sins are stylish.

kiryadin

what I did was ride on epona and after hearing the poe sound I indeed saw the purple ones. So those are the normal poes. I didn't know that the big poes would be running away from you. Haven't seen that yet, so that may explain a lot.

Thanks very much for your info. I will try it again tonight

Creature of the Darkness The Shadow's Avatar
    In the shadows at the sides of your eyes, you know that movement? that's me
    AwardsItemsStats

I never once saw a regular poe out in hyrule field, then again I didn't go out there much and mainly went around on Epona but I still never saw a regular poe in Hyrule field.

This awesome sig pic was made by Dark Princess

C'mon you know you want to dance with Franky
    (Just Follow the link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_9uV09Kmic

AwardsItemsStats

Were you near the Lake Hylia entrance? Because there is a purple poe between a lone tree and the corpse of trees there. Also just for reference here is the big poe guide from this site, with photos and map locations of all the big poes.

Da Da Da Daaaaah- You have found the master sword...for the umpteenth time!
    Current Username-(TJ ref. to John Locke, English Philosopher), DarkLocke-(April Fools), The Hero of Time-You had better know who this is...