• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I was really happy when I saw this, because I was worried for quite a while that NoA wouldn't advertise Xenoblade Chronicles X at all because it wasn't Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon. I think the European ads are slightly better, but the North American trailer gets the job done. I can't wait for this game. We'll see how things turn out when the review embargo lifts on the 30th.
They have to, it's the only Wii U game that's worth getting this holiday. I agree, the pal ads look better than the US version,...just like everything else they have:dry:, but I'm not salty or anything. I can't either man:D. I think it also helps the game that Nintendo is giving away free copies to some YouTubers, so their viewers can be interested in the game. Sounds good^^.

original.jpg

Source: NintendoLife.

I would assume ANZ would have a similar date to this for being able to pre-download the game.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Also the main story quests are gated so you can't just speed rush the game. Sure you can speed rush XCX still but you have to do a number of side quests too to unlock the main story quests. ANd it helps to ensure you are not under levelled for the main story quests.

Monolith soft is great for saying if you want a quick game don't play XCX. XCX is for those who do want to smell the roses and really put the serious time into this amazing game. Sure some of the 3D models and sprites are not the best but overall the game looks amazing and will keep you entertained for ages.

In an age where games are being dumbed down for the greatest amount of sales (I'm looking at you, Skyrim), seeing something like this is exactly what I wanted to see from the developer. It's a breath of fresh air. They're not as concerned with sales as they are with getting the right experience to gamers. I'm not saying they don't care about sales at all — that would be a stupid thing to say. But at least they're looking to make a game that is going to be the perfect Epic JRPG experience instead of catering to the greatest common denominator.

Bayonetta is a great game (not my thing though) but it will not even come close to the epic scale and pure awesomeness of XCX. XCX is looking to dwarf every other game ever made it terms of scale, depth, content and fun. XCX is doing things games on the PS4 have not even done. Sure the PS4 can have higher textured and polygon 3D models and sprrites but for everything else XCX is just leaps and bounds ahead. Totally proving that it's reaching potential, and not better hardware with unused potential that make great games.

Bayonetta is an epic game. And as far as games that are out on the Wii U right now, there are a handful of games that I think took the right approach. I've been playing a lot of Fatal Frame, and that game is done right. If you're not into survival horror games, that game isn't for you. It's scary as heck, and it's made for people who play and enjoy those games. Same with Bayonetta. It isn't for people who don't enjoy action-fighting games. It's the best game of its genre, hands down, and is still one of the best games of the generation.

And I think XCX is going to be the same way. I don't think it's going to be accessible to everyone. There are people that are going to be turned off by the 100 hours estimated to complete, by the incredible size of the world, by the countless side quests there are to do. And that's ok! Not every game needs to be for everyone. There have to be games that cater to gamers.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I am happy that NoA is at least advertising the game.... But wow, NoE's trailers and commercials are way better than NoA's..... I really do wonder how NoE could be so fantastic, yet NoA is average at best at this....

Question my freaky dahlings; I know xeno doesn't need the ten gig patch to work well, but there"s gonna be dlc for this game. I know the Japanese are already playing the game, is the dlc gonna require the ten gig patches to work or will the dlc work regardless?

Question my freaky dahlings; I know xeno doesn't need the ten gig patch to work well, but there"s gonna be dlc for this game. I know the Japanese are already playing the game, is the dlc gonna require the ten gig patches to work or will the dlc work regardless?
As far as I know no. The 10GB is for a better time playing the game as you know, not needed. The DLC is a total separate thing and should not require the 10GB.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
No, the data patches are not needed for any DLC. Furthermore, there isn't even DLC for the EU/NA versions, it's all already on disk, and it's free. This is proven by the fact that we saw HB's bond quest on disk, as that was originally DLC.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
No, the data patches are not needed for any DLC. Furthermore, there isn't even DLC for the EU/NA versions, it's all already on disk, and it's free. This is proven by the fact that we saw HB's bond quest on disk, as that was originally DLC.
No DLC is good DLC;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom