• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which 3D dungeons have the easiest puzzles

Salem

SICK
Excluding the first dungeons of Console 3D Zelda games from OoT to SS, which dungeons do you thing have the easiest puzzles?

Most of Wind Waker's dungeons consist of simple puzzles like torch-lighting, box moving, defeat X enemies to get a key, and use your newly acquired item where directed.

MW7

In OoT I'd go with Dodongo's Cavern but of the adult Link dungeons I'd go with the Fire Temple. Inside Jabu Jabu was a little more confusing with all the tentacles, and navigation was a little more difficult too. The Forest Temple had some well hidden keys and the eye switch rotations were confusing too. The water level changes, the central tower key, and the block pushing key were all confusing in the Water Temple. The Shadow Temple was the most difficult OoT dungeon imo with lots of invisible things, more difficult enemies, and the single hardest puzzle in OoT in crossing the river to get to the boss door. The Spirit Temple seemed to have a lot of puzzles, but they weren't particularly difficult. Breaking the statue's face was very vague though.

In MM there are lots of confusing puzzles, and imo Snowhead, Great Bay, and Stone Tower are more difficult than any other 3d dungeons in the series. Each has a puzzle affecting the whole dungeon, and this leads to a lot more thinking for the player than the average Zelda dungeon. Adding in stray fairies just piles on more difficulty to dungeons that were already confusing.

In WW I'd go with the Forbidden Woods. The optional rooms makes it a little more difficult, but overall there isn't a lot of challenge. I thought Tower of the Gods was actually confusing at points, and leading the statues led to some good puzzles. Earth and Wind Temples both had plenty of puzzles; they weren't particularly difficult but just having more puzzles makes them more difficult than the Forbidden Woods.

In TP I'd go with Goron Mines and Palace of Twilight. Overall I felt that TP had more puzzles than average for the series, but not necessarily harder puzzles. I thought the level of difficulty was very steady throughout the game so this is a splitting of hairs. Goron Mines wasn't too easy, but it just had the same things over and over with magnets and things to shoot with arrows. Palace of Twilight was self-explanatory in what you needed to do; just bring a ball back and then make progress later in the dungeon. I thought Lakebed was confusing with the central chamber getting me lost even on subsequent playthroughs. Arbiter's Grounds had some great puzzles incorporating the wolf form of Link. Snowpeak's cannon and cannon balls made things confusing, and I always love ice block puzzles. Temple of Time was one big puzzle with the statue, and I thought it was a fun challenge. City in the Sky was a little confusing in terms of navigation but had some good puzzles too.

In SS I thought the Earth Temple felt out of place as it was significantly shorter than the other dungeons, and it didn't have too many puzzles outside of a few beetle related puzzles and figuring out you had to bomb a wall. Lanayru Mining Facility had great timeshift puzzles, and the Sandship just took things a step further by incorporating the whole dungeon rather than just a single room at a time in Lanayru. The Ancient Cistern had a few interesting puzzles but confused me more in terms of navigation. The Fire Sanctuary had lots of hidden things and some optional backtracking for items; at first I didn't like this dungeon at all but now am seeing some cleverness to it. Sky Keep is obviously a giant puzzle itself and a good challenge to the player.

So overall I'd go with Dodongo's Cavern, Fire Temple, Forbidden Woods, Goron Mines, Palace of Twilight, and the Earth Temple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom