• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U How will you play TPHD, gamepad or wiimote/nunchuck

Linkmaster30000

Aim for the knee
I'll probably go with the gamepad first, but I may play it both ways to see what the difference is (and if they've actually included some good motion controls like in Skyward Sword, because that would be pretty cool).

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
http://www.nintendo-insider.com/201...ith-the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd/

Nintendo of Sweden have let slip that TPHD will feature a Wii-mote+Nunchuck control scheme in addition to the game pad.

I personally prefer using the Wiimote but disliked the fact that Hyrule is not the canon way around in the Wii version. Gerudo Desert should be in the west and Kakariko in the east. So this is good news if what Nintendo of Sweeden said is correct.

What do you think of this? Did you prefer the Wii Controls and want to use them in TPHD or does this not make a difference to you as you want to use the gamepad?

I'm not the biggest fan of the motion controls in TP, almost solely because I played the Gamecube version first with the traditional control scheme. TP doesn't shove the controls on you in intrusive ways or at every conceivable point, but I just didn't enjoy core sword combat that much when, again, I compare it to the buttons I had to use on a Gamecube controller. I did appreciate the aiming with the Wii version when it came to things like the bow, but the sword is the reason I don't personally consider it to be the superior version.

I greatly appreciate having the choice for either though. That's a good decision given the nature of TPs release - don't force change on something like basic combat in a way that alienates what the player may be used to and makes them uncomfortable. Me personally, I'm hoping for pro controller support since I love that thing.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Gamepad, without a doubt. I went out of my way to get the GC copy of the game just so that I could escape the wii mote controls. I don't care if they upgrade it to SS's control scheme, I will NOT play it with the wii mote.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I think that I'll probably use both a bit but ultimately I'll be using the gamepad most of the time for sure. While I did not hate the controls in Skyward Sword I just would prefer not to have to wave my arms around to play the game, good on them for including options for both, I am very happy that they've opted for that.

Mido

Version 1
I will most likely roll on in with the Gamepad (or the Pro Controller if allowed, but I have to acquire one first). Having played the original TP with the gamecube controller, I am more accustomed to the more traditional control scheme.

It's a good thing that the options are present!

D

Deleted member 14134

If I play with the gamepad will I have the option to flail it around like an idiot to attack? If that's the case I'll definitely use the gamepad. If not, I'll still use the gamepad.

I'm thinking gamepad. I want to be able to play the game in it's "true" canon format, while also having widescreen and HD.

But I may go back to wiimote on other playthroughs for the sake of nostalgia.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
I'll probably just replay the GameCube version I already have because I'm not spending another £40 on a game I already have two copies of but everyone else playing it will probably make me nostalgic.

If they don't have a Pro Controller option I'm gonna hurt something. The gamepad is great and all, but I'd rather have an actual controller to play with and the tablet as a map or menu.

TPHD better be as well made as WWHD. I will be the first to say WW is not my favorite Zelda game, it's close to the bottom of my list. But, the HD version (AKA the one I played) has great control, great visuals, uses the gamepad in comfortable, non-invasive ways, and is presented well. It's up there for one of my favorite Wii U games, even if not my favorite Zelda game. TPHD should get this sort of treatment at the very least, and it doesn't seem that way so far.

Also, to those people saying that Nintendo fans will buy anything they make, that's irrelevant in this case. I will be the first to admit that I enjoy Nintendo's games a lot, but I don't care about all the random games they're making right now. (The most recent direct and E3 was a bunch of "I don't care" for me) I just want to see how TPHD stacks up to the original. It was my first Zelda game, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom