• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most disappointing boss fight?

2MooglesGaming

More fun than a bag of Kupo Nuts!
Gotta agree with a lot of folks on Angler Fish and Tentalus. Both could have been really interesting, but were just uninspiring. Based on what I've played, and reading everyone's comments, it does seem like the worst bosses in the games are the ones that have an unimpressive design, especially when compared to other bosses in the game. So interesting to read what you all think!

Blind was waaay too easy and felt less like a boss and more like a mini-boss/slightly harder regular enemy. Too easy and weak for the 4th dungeon in the Dark World. I also found Argorok too easy for the final boss holding a mirror piece.

There are a lot i've disliked but as for disappointing... hmm...

Twin Mold in MM i think. I remember seeing it and reading about it and so i was really excited to take it on myself but i found the fight to be irritating and needlessly time consuming. The giant's mask did little to brighten the day either. I just really didn't enjoy it.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I recently just replayed the original LoZ for the NES, and many of those bosses are ridiculously easy, provided that you follow up on item upgrades. Bosses like Digdogger only took two sword swipes to defeat, so after finally completing a more difficult dungeon, it was a bit disappointing to be done the battle so quickly.

Mazaal and Gohdan

Both are the same thing. This is not Star Fox in Hyrule. If I wanted to beat up Andross I'd play a Star Fox game. Having Andross pathetically ripped off in Legend of Zelda games is so disappointing.

Masked Bastard

formerly Captain B
Anything with an Aquamentus in it. Even Oracle of Seasons. These just aren't really that big of a challenge, and basically amount to "kill it until it dies"

Someone said the Angler Fish from Link's Awakening, and I agree all the way. It was pathetically easy, and it was brought back as a mini-boss in Oracle of Ages, and even THAT was harder. I usually have fun with bosses, even if easy or derpy. But that boss was so dull it could have been a normal enemy. But no.

it's not the game's fault, but I ruined the final fight in MM for myself.

I'd never done it before, with the deity's mask or otherwise. I figured the mask + milk would make things easier, but I didn't expect it to turn me into a monstrous, unstoppable machine. the battle was over in about two minutes. it was incredibly underwhelming and anticlimatic. bah. Lesson learnt there.

it's not the game's fault, but I ruined the final fight in MM for myself.

I'd never done it before, with the deity's mask or otherwise. I figured the mask + milk would make things easier, but I didn't expect it to turn me into a monstrous, unstoppable machine. the battle was over in about two minutes. it was incredibly underwhelming and anticlimatic. bah. Lesson learnt there.
That is actually genius on Nintendo's part. Firstly this what you did is Nintendo's reward for putting all the hard work into getting all the masks. Not an easy task. The reward is a flashy, cool but easy way to beat the boss. If you didn't get all the masks or want a more challenging boss fight, you simply do not use the mask. This means everyone can beat the final boss the way they want or as their skill at the game determines, the easy or the hard way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom