• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weirdest video game you've ever played

Few video games make it their business to be insane experiences, but then again, some do.

From Silent Hill to Killer Seven there are some games out there that defy logic, what are some of the weirdest video games you've played?

For me it has to be Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day

Its also the best Sonic game never made...

ABC

I'm afraid not many people are going to know about this because it was many years ago and a pretty obscure PC game. But it was back in the mid 90's, I remember renting some PC games from my library and one of them was this weird Mario Kart clone with animals. I remember the title had the word "Wacky" in it. Was a really strange but funny game lol

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Death dice overdose is pretty weird. You have to take drugs so that you don't die from panic as giant dice fall from the sky but when you overdose the trees and the signpost begin to smile and dance and the dice become bigger.

I am going to Say Earthworm Jim 2. Not the weirdest game ever but pretty game weird.

• Going undercover in the insestine of some unknown creature
  • Bouncing puppues to the safety of another puppy using a giant marshmellow so a crow in a suit does not do nasty things to them
  • Dunking cows in bathtubs so they don't explode. Then taking said cows to the milking stations while avoiding the UFO's that want to abduct the cows
  • Travelling through giant shredders while avoiding large animated filing cabinets
  • Running in an area made of bacon where a burger meat round is the sun and avoiding a salt shaker from shaking salt on you
  • Fighting a piece of steak while standing on the pepperoni pieces of a pizza.
  • A worm in a suit racing a crow in a suit to get to a person without a name just so she can turn into a cow
All fo that is pretty weird I reckon.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I have to agree with @the8thark on this, I was a big EWJ fan. And it's pretty freakin weird. Even his one o4 two season cartoon was weird.

But I'm going to stick with the answer I came in here with. Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tenecle. Those games were so weird. My buddies older brother had an NES copy of it and we played it. It's a point and click game and worked okay. But when I got a PC I got it and its sequel. They work much better on the computer. They were really weird games.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
Worms 2, Ski and Gex were definitely amongst the weirdest titles I can recall playing.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Glover is a very odd and weird game. Given after a horriable magical mistake you are a magic glove of a wiizard trying to reclaim the gems of the world to reunite it by fighting the other glove that has been corrupted by said mistake that is trying to destroy it. The evil ugly glove creating freakish monsters and the gems turning into balls.

Seaman for the old Dreamcast would fit the definition of weird. Although, I sometimes have a hard time deciding whether it's purely just a bizarre game or secretly brilliant.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
Oh yeah, and there were a few mods for Halo Custom Edition, that were almost certainly made under the influence of at least 20 illicit psychedelic substances.

Dan

I am going to Say Earthworm Jim 2. Not the weirdest game ever but pretty game weird.

• Going undercover in the insestine of some unknown creature
  • Bouncing puppues to the safety of another puppy using a giant marshmellow so a crow in a suit does not do nasty things to them
  • Dunking cows in bathtubs so they don't explode. Then taking said cows to the milking stations while avoiding the UFO's that want to abduct the cows
  • Travelling through giant shredders while avoiding large animated filing cabinets
  • Running in an area made of bacon where a burger meat round is the sun and avoiding a salt shaker from shaking salt on you
  • Fighting a piece of steak while standing on the pepperoni pieces of a pizza.
  • A worm in a suit racing a crow in a suit to get to a person without a name just so she can turn into a cow
All fo that is pretty weird I reckon.

I've only played the first game but even that was rather quirky and silly. One of the first bosses you encounter Is some sort of construction guy that attacks you by puking out fishes from his mouth and dropping random pieces of junk on you.
There's also the bungee jump boss that's a giant piece of snot; the hell level that starts out with very cliché music you would expect for such a location only for it to cut out and start placing some cheesy elevator music with intervals of screaming, oh and the boss of course is a snowman, the only down to earth entities in that level are the lawyers which you would expect in Hell.
Such a charming game.

I've only played the first game but even that was rather quirky and silly. One of the first bosses you encounter Is some sort of construction guy that attacks you by puking out fishes from his mouth and dropping random pieces of junk on you.
There's also the bungee jump boss that's a giant piece of snot; the hell level that starts out with very cliché music you would expect for such a location only for it to cut out and start placing some cheesy elevator music with intervals of screaming, oh and the boss of course is a snowman, the only down to earth entities in that level are the lawyers which you would expect in Hell.
Such a charming game.
The snowman is only the half boss which you can skip. The end boas is Evil the cat.

I have to say I much prefer the end game myself but the 1st is good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom