• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Disqus the best platform ever?

In light of the fact that forum sizes are still growing and leveling off at around the same rate/sizes they have been for like the past 10 years FORUMS ARE DOOMED, we are faced with the extremely important question of: which ****ty commenting system do we use to replace those horribly non-interactive dinosaurs called forums? I mean, you have plenty of choices like, disqus, and some other systems basically no one has ever heard of! Just think of the possibilities, they wouldn't even need moderators because anyone trying to troll or flame or even have the audacity to try to contribute to the discussion would get so insanely frustrated from having to refresh eight times just to submit a one line comment that it would practically moderate itself, true innovation.

But you might think, but what about the lack of features, such as private messages, the ability to actually post content, or have a meaningful discussion? Well really that's just an outdated way of thinking about things. I mean, really, who uses interactive media to have discussions at all? I don't want all this user-generated content getting in the way when I could just spend my time frustrated at how impossible this new and improved technology is to use. If you could either choose to pay $20 for something that's free or just get the free thing I think it's pretty obvious that any smart person would pay the $20, I mean, it's only $20 it could be more.

So what are your thoughts about these revolutionary mailing lists disguised as guestbooks?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I love the interactive features on these great new and Improved™ commenting systems! Ex:

1. Refreshing to be able to upvote comments, post comments, or even read comments! I hate forums like this where I don't even have to do anything tedious to get it to work.

2. Having to scroll for ages to find anything because theres no pagination, search tools, and all of the posts are organized arbitrarily and seem to have nothing to do with the upvotes or the time it was posted.

My favourite feature however has to be the inability to create any of your own posts, you can only comment on posts that staff members make. That stops all of the ****ty threads and also makes things easier for me because they choose my discussion topics for me! It's like elementary school all over again!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom