• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Replaying Silver...

First off, Silver was my favorite Pokemon game growing up. While Red/Blue are true classics and the nostalgia levels are off the charts, Silver/Gold really brought it to a new level at the time. The fact that you could attain 16 badges and fight Red, your former self from the Red/Blue games blew my mind as a kid.

So I started replaying the game about a month ago and I have had time here and there to play. I am on the 8th badge currently and I can't for the life of me get past it (I am not using cheats). Does anyone have any hints on how to get passed this part? I figure I would grind in the cave and grass south of Blackthorn City but, there has to be a better way than this right?

General Old Pokemon gameboy games too if people still love those games like I still do!

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
An Ice or Dragon pokemon or move. Really back then you needed to grind a bit or use those two on that 8th badge due to thier not much weakness.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Pick up some ice moves and dragon moves, and you should be alright. The ice types are super effective against dragon and not the other way around, so those are your best bet, since dragons are strong against each other.

Pen

The game is on!
Keep in mind though that Kingdra's only real weakness in that game is Dragon-type moves. Ice-type moves will only do regular damage on Kingdra due to it being part Water-type. ;)

I finally beat it. I am now stuck on Claire in the Elite 4. Got as far as her houndoom. I made/am currently working on an all Dragon line up btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom