• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Is HW Legends going to trump HW WiiU?

Hyrule Warriors Legends is coming for the 3DS with some added features, first of all we get Tetra and King Hyrule to play as (and more characters are confirmed to be coming.)
We also get a nifty touch screen warp feature which allows you to jump into the shoes of other warriors on the battlefield to keep them safe and rescue far units closer to the character.
It also features the DLC characters of the WiiU version from the start.

With this new warping feature and characters (we dont know if every new character will be transferable) do you think HWL will have more going for it than the U version?

Mido

Version 1
It seems to me that with the new mechanics coupled with the DLC incorporation early on, Legends, I fear, will trump the former release and perhaps render it obsolete. Now, I'll be honest, since I only own a Wii U at this time and I bought it early, I tend to have a sympathetic bias towards it given its struggles. HW, I felt, was one of the Wii U's signature games in its library; but now, the U seems to lose the honor. However, I digress. While this situation may be 'bad news' for the Wii U, it does reap plenty of rewards for the 3DS and HW itself. The new mechanics and character offer new nuances of gameplay, which should freshen the game up even in the most minuscule way. The only factor that might stand in the 3DS port's way is its functionality. Will it run smoothly? I assume that it will from what I've seen, and as of now, I think this port with overshadow the Wii U.

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
Yes. Reason for me saying this. I have never played a dynasty warriors game and didn't get HW, but I am going to get HWL because it has all that the U version has plus some for less money. Plus, I have the new 3DS which should handle a large game like this better than the old 3DS. So for me I think it will conquer.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm afraid yes. We had to buy all the extra content and now the 3DS has them all included plus more characters will be released. Unless the other characters will also be released to the Wii U version I do believe HWL is going to trump HW.

Mido

Version 1
I'm afraid yes. We had to buy all the extra content and now the 3DS has them all included plus more characters will be released. Unless the other characters will also be released to the Wii U version I do believe HWL is going to trump HW.

I will be overjoyed if this is possibly the case. At the same time, I agree that this factor plays one of the largest roles in determining how far HWL will overshadow the former release. For now, I just have this minuscule hope that at least the characters will find their way to the U!

It could. I mean, there are a lot more 3DS owners out there than Wii U owners. A much smaller percentage of 3DS owners could buy one, and it would still outsell the Wii U version.

Monja Elisa

Hyrulean Princess
I wonder if this game has any bonus other than the new characters... do you guys believe they might add in a tww or other toonzelda based maps to this game? Or do you believe the characters will be all new there is to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom