• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Twilight

Final Vote Tally:

Spiritual Mask Salesman (1)
- A Link In Time
Eoghan (3) - musicfan, Spiritual Mask Salesman, JC-Hurin
Diego (7) - Frozen Chosen, Cody, musicfan, Eoghan, Rosa Luxemburg, Mellow Ezlo, Linkdude74

Diego has been lynched; no more votes will be counted. The Night scene will be posted later.

---
I'm not following how it's from Shulk's perspective. If it is, then it's incredibly unlikely for Diego to be him, therefore making him a probable liar.
No point in hiding it, I have been using Shulk's point of view for narrative purposes, but like I said, the scenes could be told from anyone's perspective. I might swap to someone else soon just to make things vary.

I was hoping it'd be more like a softclaim because I'm not coming out and saying anything, I'm leaving you all to do the math.
My advice would be to keep softclaiming to a minimum. While a softclaim technically isn't a roleclaim, if people started softclaiming off the bat, then that'd equate to massclaiming. I'm not going to tolerate mass claims, because they ruin a major function of Mafia: Figuring out who's who through playstyles and personalities.

Last edited:
Imma gettin' to my seat as fast as possible!!
'Scuse me.
whew good, the death scene hasn't started yet.
1501f33fdeacde112b287a1fe46ba003.jpg

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The next day began with a full frontal assault from the Mechon forces. As the chief adviser of our party, I was responsible for ensuring the safety of everyone. Although it was I who previously wielded the Monado, my current condition disallowed me from replicating such a feat. Losing the usage of my right arm was more than sufficient for defending my brethren, nonetheless.

I batted aside a Mechon M42 and ran toward one of my comrades, who was fighting a large M82 Melee Unit. My comrade inflicted Stream Edge and I toppled the brute with Steel Strike. Together he and I finished the unit off and moved to the next line.

But no sooner had we began our advance than did the ground quake like the night before, and the towering Mechon landed in front of us. I gazed in wonder at seeing him in full light, a golden entity who rivaled our main adversary. "We meet yet again, Successor to Zanza," it spoke in a filtered voice. "You have become an annoyance to my just cause. The very land that you seek to protect is naught more than a plague that must be expunged by my vessel, Yaldabaoth!"

My comrade, Shulk, raised the Monado before him. "What do you mean by 'plague'? How can you possibly call eradicating all life on Bionis a just cause? None of these proclamations make any sense, and nor are they relevant to justice."

"Your kind is nothing more than a leech feeding off the Bionis, my sworn adversary," the golden Mechon stated coldly. "The very tenacity of Homs proves that they would go to any lengths to stop me, and do the bidding of the Bionis. Hence, I count all of you as my enemy, whether directly or indirectly involved."

"It really is not that simple," I responded, "for you see, we've received no mandate from the Bionis. The Homs, Nopon, and High Entia have simply joined forces to ward off your invasion. Can you truly blame us for that?"

"It changes not the outcome!" the golden Mechon snapped. "Nor has Zanza's contrivances been altered by his seed taking up arms against me. This world is in disarray. I must eliminate the cause of this disorder and restore the world to its original form. This is my duty. Nay, the will of the world!"

"And just what has caused this disorder?" Shulk demanded.

The golden Mechon's body groaned as it adjusted its right arm and pointed at Shulk. "The Monado. That blade which you brandish so proudly has conflicted more death and pain than my invasion ever could. The only way to repay Zanza's treachery is to obliterate the source of his power, which you possess. Or what? Do you think of yourself as a god?"

"You're wrong," Shulk said flatly. "I wield the Monado only to secure our futures, the likes that you try desperately to steal away."

Sudden laughter burst from above us; I turned around to see the faced Mechon hovering above us, claws poised toward Shulk. "Weak!" the Face cried out. "Weak and pathetic! Your words are most irksome to these figurative ears of mine." The rotund enemy plunged downward, but Shulk threw up a barrier for personal use. A green energy rushed down the opposing claws, however, and swept through the shield, shattering it into countless shards. Shulk emitted a muffled breath as the metallic talons skewered his chest. "Not so powerful now, are you, Monado moron?"

I could only gape in disbelief at the scandalous scene, which occurred within a matter of seconds. "No! Shulk!"

Stepping in front of me, the golden Mechon blocked my path. "Keep away. You are to herald the death of this nuisance just as you have witnessed it. The Monado is a poison which fills the mind with delusions of glory, yet it does not make the bearer invulnerable. I'm sure you understand above all others, former hero of the Homs. Now begone."

The Mechons took off in different directions, stealing the useless Monado with them, and I rushed to my fallen comrade's side. For a rare moment, I allowed my emotions to get the better of me and spilled tears down my face.

---

Unknown to me, three figures beamed gleefully at their victory as they surveilled the scene from above. They had managed to elude a close call and disposed of a mighty opponent, perhaps their most feared hindrance.

Diego was Shulk, the Town Dreaming God!

Night 2 ends on Sunday, August 2nd, at 8:00 PM CST.
Those with power roles, send me your targets.

Players
  1. A Link In Time
  2. musicfan
  3. Linkdude74
  4. pkfroce Mellow Ezlo
  5. Frozen Chosen
  6. PokaLink
  7. Spiritual Mask Salesman
  8. Rosa Luxemburg
  9. Cody
  10. Eoghan
  11. JC-Hurin
Dead List
  • DekuNut - Kallian Antiqua, the Town Lie Detector, lynched Day 1
  • SavageWizzrobe - Melia Antiqua, the Town Courier, killed Night 1
  • Sadia - Alvis, the Alarmist, killed Night 1
  • Diego - Shulk, the Town Dreaming God, lynched Day 2

Replacements

• Double A
  • blackkirby

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Well I typed up a pretty big response until I got to where you guys killed Shulk lol. Oh well I'll post it when the day starts. Sorry for being gone haha

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
Yeah, the GM said in-game discussion shouldn't be happening during the night phase, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom