• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild When Will We See This Game Again?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
With the very disappointing E3 come and past, we must look to the future as Nintendo tries to lick it's wounds. So the question remains, when will we see Zelda Wii U?
Despite Nintendo's babble of damage control and nonsense regarding this game, we did learn that they do have footage for the game. So when are we going to see it is the question.
There are a few possibilities that we know about.

The first of which is the inevitable August direct. With the new Miiverse designs, Splatoon's huge update, super Mario Maker releasing the next month, we are going to have a direct(or some equivalent due to Iwata's passing). After seeing E3's terrible feedback, I think it is possible for Nintendo to try to make it up for us during this time. They also did say that they have footage for the game that was to be used for E3. I think it is unlikely however.

There are also other Nintendo directs throughout the year. We will most likely have a big one in November for this year, so they may show that again.

The last huge event that stands out would be the Game Awards Show. This is where Zelda U was last seen, and where we got the biggest glimpse of the game. They got universal praise for this, and I believe this is the most likely outlet for Nintendo come to its senses and actually give fans what they want.

When do you guys think we will get new information for the game?

D

Deleted member 81859

I honestly don't even know. I don't think we will be receiving news any time soon, as Nintendo is still trying to put itself back together after Iwata's passing. We will receive news about Smash Bros and Splatoon, but Zelda Wii U won't be seen until possibly 2016 itself. And, though this is sad to say, I just don't care anymore. I keep getting this feeling that the NX will be a letdown, and Zelda Wii U could potentially be my last Nintendo game. Nintendo has created a bad track record of not giving their fans proper information or treating their own IPs with respect. Maybe ZWU will be at this year's Game Awards, maybe not. Nintendo is in a bad place right now, and because of that we cannot know what to expect.

I dont think we'll get more footage or news on Zelda U until 2016.

Mario Maker, Shin Megami X Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing and Zelda U are all the U has coming out for it that we know of... And i don't think there are gonna be many other titles released for it because Nintendo wants to drop the Wii U like a hot potato, that much was clear at e3. Which means they're gonna have to make 4 games last 18 months... which i think means they'll want to keep Zelda U for E3 and drop it near Xmas 2016 because they have so little else (and at this point there is nothing else Nintendo could show with value as big as Zelda U.)

So i think the worst case scenario for us is that it still wont be until E3 2016 that we see or hear anything more for Zelda U.

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
I think they are in that mindset still of only showing games that are in the near horizon, like iceberg that is to late for the Titanic to avoid kinda timing. So we wont see much for quite some time. But if you ask me that's okay. I would rather have them announce they are releasing games only 6 months before it is positively coming out because it makes the waiting thing so less and then gamers do get so frustrated with the idea of waiting so long. Plus I'm not one to do much research on a game that I know I will be getting. I honestly don't do much research at all, so maybe that is my attitude towards things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom