• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Ganon's Fury Boss Challenge: Giant battle 3 A rank walkthrough

This is a very difficult challenge that took me a few days to perfectly accomplish an A rank on (in order to obtain an A rank you have to complete it in 15 minutes without taking 10'000 damage or over). But with enough tries, I managed to develop a strategy to handling it.

(Note: My Ganon was a level 70-72 so you may want to try the other challenges before you start this one, unless of course your Ganon is already there or higher).

First of all, there are a few things you should know about playing Ganon:
Ganon takes the most damage from behind, meaning you should always watch your back. Also, take caution around enemy captains (Moblins and Darknuts) as they will often throw their weapons when at the right range. In order to avoid taking too much damage you'll need to make use of the dodging ability (the B button on the Wii U tablet,) the special attack (the A button on the Wii U tablet) and the range of all of his attacks (both strong and weak,) dodging cuts the recovery time of weak attacks in half, as well as being a quick way to turn in any direction and/or run. It also makes you invincible for a few precious moments. The special attack makes Ganon invincible while he's performing it, as well as being one of the only things that can interrupt the strong attack in a pinch. This is all very helpful due to the fact that the SP gauge fills rather quickly. Using the strong attack is a good way to fight groups of bosses or captains from a distance, because of it's very long and also very wide range, but be very careful with it as it is also quite slow and therefore leaves you vulnerable from the back and sides.

When it comes to fighting the giant bosses without using their weaknesses I would suggest using the weak attack standard combo (Y,Y,Y), then dodge forward (toward the target). Repeat.

Now, for the strategy:
Go through the keep closest to where you begin at the start of the mission, head straight for Argorok (Lord Of The Horde) begin using the tactic written above to push him away from where the two manhandlas and dark Cias that spawn. Also, try to keep him away from the other bosses (King Dodongo (Lord Of The Horde), Argorok, Manhandla, Gohma (Lord Of The Horde), and King Dodongo). If your having a hard time separating him from the two Manhandlas baby-sitting him, you could use a strong attack right when you approach to knock all of them over and then commence repeatedly dodging into and/or weak attacking Argorok to push him away from the two Manhandlas while they're still recovering. To make note, Argorok may also be recovering (which means he'll be invincible while he attacks you), depending on how fast you are to get to him.

Once you've defeated Argorok (make sure to collect the fire breath ability from him), it might be a good move to defeat the two Manhandlas(1), considering that every single boss on the map will at some point gather up in mass to hunt you down and kill you. The Great Fairy will eventually come to try to heal the opposing Bosses. It will most likely appear when your trying to finish off the two Manhandlas. Don't try to approach her, just ignore her until she comes to you, then, beat her to the ground like you would any other boss, she should go down faster than the average boss though. Try to take her out quickly, if your too slow about it she'll restore the Bosses to full health. Head for Manhandla (Lord Of The Horde) next. This is the trickiest part of the mission because once you approach Manhandla, it will begin a seed attack that won't stop until you've defeated that Manhandla in particular, alongside the two Gohmas that are automatically nearby Manhandla. Be very cautious around the Gohmas, as their lasers can do up to 8 hearts (3,200) damage, and their acid attack can kill you instantly! Your only hope of getting through this mission is to separate Manhandla from the Gohmas protecting it, so that means of course using the the same pushing tactic of weak attacks and dodging to get it away from them. I personally would recommend pushing it either towards the bridge (southwest), or towards the southeast area. Ignore the seed attack as there is no way to dodge it as Ganon. Just focus on defeating Manhandla as soon as possible. Don't try to use the Fire Breath ability on it unless your sure that the Gohmas are too far out of range to fire anything, as this move is very slow and therefore leaves you open to attack (you may also have to knock Manhandla back in the first place in order to get it to hold still long enough).

After you defeat Manhandla and obtain the Fury Horn ability from it, defeating the Gohmas may be a wise decision for the same reason as the Manhandlas(1) previously mentioned. Go onto Gohma (Lord Of The Horde) next, as was previously mentioned earlier she has a King Dodongo backing her up. He shouldn't be too much trouble considering how slow he is, but keep in mind when it comes to fighting Gohma, it's very difficult to actually use her weakness without being hit back. You'll most likely find that you're only chance of getting to use Fury Horn without exchanging blows is to knock her over with a strong attack, and then time it so that you finish the attack just after she's finished spinning to recover (and for goodness sake don't get in range of her spinning!). Not sure about this, but I heard that using the Fury Horn again once she's downed does massive damage. Overall she's fundamentally weak in health so she should go down pretty quickly.

Once you've defeated Gohma and collected the Ganon Bomb from her remains, double back and defeat the King Dodongo that was next to her. He should be easy as long as you use his weakness, then make a B-line for King Dodongo (Lord Of The Horde). He's guarded by an Argorok that will pursue you on a near constant basis, as well as a Manhandla that presents with itself the threat of biting, spitting seeds at you etc.. Just try to once again push King Dodongo away from his constituents, and use the Ganon Bomb to defeat him.

Once you've properly disposed of King Dodongo, collect the Fireball ability and promptly use it to defeat Argorok. Then finish off Manhandla, with only the pestilence of Darknuts and/or Moblins to get in your way. By this time it's to be expected that the imprisoned (Lord Of The Horde), along with the two other full size ones as well as four miniature ones should all be heading towards you alongside nearly every single Darknut on the map. This part can be very difficult, my best recommendation is that you use the strong attack repeatedly to damage them from a distance while they're all grouped together. You'll probably find out that the miniature imprisoneds have a nasty habit of not taking knock-back while they're performing their "drag myself across the ground biting like a repulsive bag of scales and teeth" attack. The best solution is to use the special attack every time they begin to get to close to you, and continuing to use the strong attack while their still taking knock-back. Once all of the Darknuts and (more importantly) the mini Imprisoneds are defeated, take care of the final Lord Of The Horde. Take note; The big ones can be interrupted while they drag themselves across the ground, but use caution nonetheless. At less than half of his health, The Imprisoned finally fall over, revealing his weakness gauge, but when he falls, get out of the way, or it'll hurt a lot.

Once he's taken care of get a move on to defeating the other two. If it takes too long then don't bother, just push them away a bit. Ganon (Lord Of The Horde) and two other Ganons will appear in the southeastern center of the map. You should start attacking as quickly as possible, starting with using the Fireball ability while they're approaching you (most likely) in a triangular formation, with the two others being in front and the Lord Of The Horde being in the back. Aim right for the middle to disarm them all of their Fire Breath. Then get in the right range and fire the Ganon Bomb, again aiming right for the middle of them. The blast of this attack should make it almost easy to hit them all with it. Next, use the Fury Horn in the middle of them to get rid of their Ganon Bomb ability. Then get right to the same tactic as with all the other Bosses, continue to weak attack combo and dodge into the Lord Of The Horde Ganon. He should go down surprisingly fast.

Take him down and your done.

That wraps up the walkthrough. To make sure, if you can't seem to get a good time with this strategy, I would suggest that you just cut out finishing certain bosses off (i.e. The King Dodongo next to Gohma (Lord Of The Horde), The Manhandla next to King Dodongo (Lord Of The Horde), and the other two Imprisoneds).

Okay! I hope this helps you out with this challenge thanks for reading if you have any problems handling something in it then do tell! I might be able to help.

Ow, my fingers are so type-sore.
Well, it's been real, until next time!

_Guardian Sage

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom