• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Intestine Clothing?

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
http://phys.org/news/2015-07-yarn-s...e=menu&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=item-menu

So read this interesting article and then answer this:

How would you feel with wearing clothing that was made from butcher scraps?
How cool is it that we can do this?
What is your take on the effectiveness of the process?
Would you still prefer older methods that are dependent on the state of the environment or this more expensive (I assume here) method?

Just give thoughts people!

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
http://phys.org/news/2015-07-yarn-s...e=menu&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=item-menu

So read this interesting article and then answer this:

How would you feel with wearing clothing that was made from butcher scraps?
How cool is it that we can do this?
What is your take on the effectiveness of the process?
Would you still prefer older methods that are dependent on the state of the environment or this more expensive (I assume here) method?

Just give thoughts people!

The title of this thread kept getting my twisted curiosity so um...

1. How would I feel? I don't know to be honest. It's one thing to wear the outside of an animal but another to wear like, pretty much their organs. It's not that I have an ethical thing against this but I guess it'd make me feel a bit squeamish. Although there's probably all sorts of weird animal byproducts in a lot of things which I don't know about.
2. It is sort of cool.

On the last two, I'd have to give it more thought.

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
Yay! But I mean you're not truly "wearing" the by products more or less they are rendered down to extract the chemicals needed to make the thread. This makes it very similar to just man made threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom