• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will U

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
can someone please tell me what this does. And is it worth to buy it. Do play some Zelda games. I don't have a Wil. Thanks
Due to the Backwards compatibility alone I would give it a buy.
Btw.
It is called the Wii, and the other system is called the Wii U.
The Wii U is Nintendo's current generation system and it is leagues more powerful than the Wii. It isn't as powerful as the XBoxOne or PS4 however. It is more powerful than the PS3 and Xbox 360, so power-wise, it is in this very weird spot.
Anyway, the Wii U is backwards compatible with the original Wii of which you get to play a whole repertoire of great games such as:
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Mario Galaxy 1 + 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Super Paper Mario
and a variety of other great Wii titles.

Then you have really amazing current games for Wii U that are already out that are:
Mariokart 8
Smash for Wii U
Wind Waker HD(Especially if you never played the original)
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Splatoon
Bayonetta 1+2
Pikmin 3
Mario U/Luigi U

Plus you have some other amazing titles coming this year alone. Despite it's horrible E3, you have to admit their lineup for the rest of 2015 is pretty good. This includes:
Yoshi's Wooly World
Super Mario Maker
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Fatal Frame 5
Devil's Third
Star Fox Zero

I will also add, that you have access to both the Wii's and Wii U's virtual console, of which you can play nearly all of Nintendo's classic games. Be it Zelda, Mario, Final Fantasy, Ect.
The last thing I am going to say is that we do not know how long the Wii U is going to last.... We know Zelda U is coming out 2016ish........ But that very well may be its last title. They are going to unveil Nintendo's next console, NX, next year.... So everything is pretty up in the air at the current moment.
I do think purchasing a Wii U is pretty justified, especially in your case, I just wanted to let you know whats going on with the unknown lifetime of the system.

I ordered one but I got the games... I think they are for the Wii... But I can exchange them. I got the one with Mario. Do you hold in your lap? I guess I should look more out them. Sorry I new that it was early this morning... Lol Thanks

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I think you should wait for a price drop. The Wii U has good games, but the system is priced too closely to the superior PS4 and Xbox One hardware. There's a chance Nintendo might lower the system's price in tandem with the release of Super Mario Maker for one last retail push in September.

Edit: I missed the part about the Zelda games. You can play The Wind Waker HD and Hyrule Warriors as physical or downloadable retail releases on the Wii U. The Virtual Console has The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, and The Minish Cap available.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom