• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-N64 That one Airplane in Majoras Mask

Did you know about the plane?

• Total voters

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
Does anybody remember that paper airplane found at Ikana Castle on one of the pillars? I was really surprised to find it and even more surprised that I have never heard of it before. Then again I guess it must be old news now. Thoughts?

6641.png

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Funny, because I thought that it was originally planned by the developers as something that was just going to be used in the game as a side quest, but then it showed up in MM3D. I wonder why they left it there? What is it's intended purpose?

The world may never know...

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
Maybe it's just there because of the little girl not far from there. With the height that Ikana Castle is at, it wouldn't be surprising for the wind to carry a sheet of paper over to that location.

Just my short little theory on it.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I've known about the weird Ikana Castle paper airplane for a while. It may be a remnant of MM's beta stages, like a sidequest that was taken out at some point during the game's development. Oddly enough, they forgot to take the paper airplane model out. Maybe they used the deleted sidequest to test Bomber's Notebook functionality or something like that? Also, if there was such a sidequest, why was it removed? I'm also not sure if the paper airplane has any significance in the Japanese N64 version of MM either.

There are similar things in OoT, like an Arwing enemy that was coded into the game to test flying enemy AI. However, the code was never taken out, so with a cheating device (ex. Gameshark), you can actually fight the Arwing enemy!

I've known about the weird Ikana Castle paper airplane for a while. It may be a remnant of MM's beta stages, like a sidequest that was taken out at some point during the game's development. Oddly enough, they forgot to take the paper airplane model out. Maybe they used the deleted sidequest to test Bomber's Notebook functionality or something like that? Also, if there was such a sidequest, why was it removed? I'm also not sure if the paper airplane has any significance in the Japanese N64 version of MM either.

There are similar things in OoT, like an Arwing enemy that was coded into the game to test flying enemy AI. However, the code was never taken out, so with a cheating device (ex. Gameshark), you can actually fight the Arwing enemy!

Really??? I never heard of that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom