• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What's your reaction to the no 2015 Zelda WiiU release information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
For some reason I read it wrong, sorry. I still think it'll be released 2016 at the latest; 2017 seems like the end of the WiiUs life honestly.

I don't really care about any of the other games you listed.
That's your choice. And fair enough. But they do exist and might be out this year. And others will like them.

Seriously Nintendo, what the hell. What little faith I had in you has gone. I don't trust you one bit anymore.
Have faith. Nintendo has delivered in the past and they will again.

For some reason I read it wrong, sorry. I still think it'll be released 2016 at the latest; 2017 seems like the end of the WiiUs life honestly.
Unless it's a WiiU and NX game just like TP was GC and Wii.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
That's your choice. And fair enough. But they do exist and might be out this year. And others will like them.

Have faith. Nintendo has delivered in the past and they will again.

Unless it's a WiiU and NX game just like TP was GC and Wii.

1)I didn't say nobody else would like them. I said I am not interested.

2) Nintendo have let us down consistently and we can expect them to do so again.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Yeah, Aonuma said that a whole bunch of new ideas came up for the game that he's considering, so the game will be completely different and not the same game we saw in 2014 next time we see it.

Obviously, that's what being in beta means.

Look at what happened with the transition from Zelda 64 to Ocarina of Time. OoT was a completely different game when we first saw it in 1996. And the same with Twilight Princess, that kind of like a different game first time we saw that too. And look what happened.

The original Zelda 64 was almost 20 years ago, and it was the first 3D Zelda game ever. It's logical that of all the beta Zelda games, that one looks the most different to its final version (OoT). The release edition of TP is much closer to its beta (even though we didn't see much, I mostly mean graphically) and the same applies for SS even moreso. The later 3D Zeldas have looked much closer to their respective betas, and I find it beyond hard to believe that final version of Zelda Wii U could possibly look more different than the difference between Zelda 64 and OoT.

The games they were originally going to be were tossed aside by Nintendo like trash. Not to say that the final versions of OoT and TP are bad or anything, they're not, they're actually really great games, and love them both so much, I just saying.

They weren't "tossed aside", they were improved through the process known as "game development".

My point is, judging by what was just announced, I find it very likely that the same thing will happen with Zelda U that happened with both OoT and TP, like OoT most especially.

Read my second paragraph.

Man, this year's E3 will be very boring without anything new for Zelda, I'm not even going to watch this year's E3 or next year's, cause I doubt Nintendo will show anything next year either. Boy, both the rest of 2015 and 2016 are going to suck on Nintendo's part. :(

Try to be more optimistic.

I am glad that Aonuma made the announcement before E3, otherwise, there would've been even more of a huge storm of raging fans than there already is as it is. Zelda would die during E3 if weren't for Aonuma's announcement.

Good to see we agree here (although less drastic on my part).

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm not surprised, and I'm actually kind of relieved. More time to work on the game means it will be much better. So we have something even greater to look forward to now. I'm excited for that. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little sad that it won't be shown at E3 this year, though. I lost any reason I had to actually watch E3 now.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I am going to be that guy and confess that I did take their word and believed they could somehow have it done by year's end, although the info drought and the fact that we don't even have a title for it did make me dubious. The cynic in me says that non-showing at E3 means they're either making a fairly large change or somebody came up with a last second gimmick to put in this one. Hopefully this is for the better.

Means plenty of Phantom Pain time for me, at the very least.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
While I was extremely excited, and very disappointed to hear this news. I will admit that the delay will result (most likely) in a better game. However what stands out to me, was during the horse demo, Aounuma promising Myomota that the game will be complete for a 2015 release. LOL I bet it was a intense discussion being approved for the delay.

Either way.... It is what it is i guess. So I'll just deal with it, hopefully its not a late 2016 release, as its already a long enough wait.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!

Like what the8thark said, unless the game ends up being for both Wii U and NX like what happened with TP.

Obviously, that's what being in beta means.

The original Zelda 64 was almost 20 years ago, and it was the first 3D Zelda game ever. It's logical that of all the beta Zelda games, that one looks the most different to its final version (OoT). The release edition of TP is much closer to its beta (even though we didn't see much, I mostly mean graphically) and the same applies for SS even moreso. The later 3D Zeldas have looked much closer to their respective betas, and I find it beyond hard to believe that final version of Zelda Wii U could possibly look more different than the difference between Zelda 64 and OoT.

They weren't "tossed aside", they were improved through the process known as "game development".

Read my second paragraph.

Try to be more optimistic.

Good to see we agree here (although less drastic on my part).

1) I know what a beta is.

2) Um, isn't Zelda U going to be the first HD original mainline Zelda game ever, much like OoT was the first 3D Zelda game? Also, isn't this game going to be the true first game feature the "new conventions" that Aonuma keeps talking about? Seems like Zelda and OoT have more things in common than you think. And like I said, Aonuma said that a lot of new ideas have been springing up that he wants to implement into Zelda U. So it's very much highly likely that we will see big drastic changes to the game that will make it look much more different by the time we see it again. And yes, this could very much include Link's design. For we know, next time we see the game, we could end up seeing a female Link officially introduced as the protagonist we play as instead of male Link.

3) Yes, I know about game development. I know it is, I'm not stupid. I was saying that in the sense that their beta versions were so different, they were like completely different games. You misunderstand me.

4) I did. Read my second paragraph.

5) What does that have to do with anything?

6) Okay.

Edit:

While I was extremely excited, and very disappointed to hear this news. I will admit that the delay will result (most likely) in a better game. However what stands out to me, was during the horse demo, Aounuma promising Myomota that the game will be complete for a 2015 release. LOL I bet it was a intense discussion being approved for the delay.

Either way.... It is what it is i guess. So I'll just deal with it, hopefully its not a late 2016 release, as its already a long enough wait.

We can only hope! Though, I wouldn't surprised if the game is delayed again until 2017 to be the launch title for the NX like what happened to TP because of the Wii.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
1) I know what a beta is.

2) Um, isn't Zelda U going to be the first HD original mainline Zelda game ever, much like OoT was the first 3D Zelda game? Also, isn't this game going to be the true first game feature the "new conventions" that Aonuma keeps talking about? Seems like Zelda and OoT have more things in common than you think. And like I said, Aonuma said that a lot of new ideas have been springing up that he wants to implement into Zelda U. So it's very much highly likely that we will see big drastic changes to the game that will make it look much more different by the time we see it again. And yes, this could very much include Link's design. For we know, next time we see the game, we could end up seeing a female Link officially introduced as the protagonist we play as instead of male Link.

3) Yes, I know about game development. I know it is, I'm not stupid. I was saying that in the sense that their beta versions were so different, they were like completely different games. You misunderstand me.

4) I did. Read my second paragraph.

5) What does that have to do with anything?

6) Okay.

1) Fantastic.

2) I don't believe improving the quality of graphics with the jump to HD is anywhere near the caliber of adding a full dimension with 3D. The "new conventions" that have been mentioned have to do with the game design of puzzles, as well as dungeons and the order they're completed and such, which has nothing to do with what we've seen. As for the "new ideas", we have no idea how great of an impact these could have; it could be lots of minuscule details for all we know. I'm not expecting the final game to turn out just as we've seen, of course, rather you say "big drastic changes" like it's a certainty due to an extended development period.

3) When you say their original forms were "tossed aside like trash", you have to admit it sounds hyperbolic on how the system works. If that's what you meant, why not say it upfront.

4) :)

5) You are in doubt; be more optimistic about what Nintendo can potentially show at E3, which doesn't include Zelda Wii U.

6) Indeed.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I AM VERY UPSET. I mean, I know they're trying to avoid what Skyward Sword became, but COME ON! You're not releasing ANYTHING?! GIVE US SOMETHING TO HOLD ONTO, NINTENDO!!!! WE'RE ALREADY LOSING OUR RELEASE DATE, GIVE US HOPE FOR A BETTER GAME!!

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
I'm a little pissed off that they'd delay the game after confirming multiple times that it'd be released this year, a bit confused as to why they'd reveal it in 2014 but not be able to show it a year later at the next E3 and just generally quite disappointed since that would've been the only game I play this year. On the bright side, I was going to have to go back to England in December to play Zelda wii U whereas now I can spend my birthday and new year in Lisbon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom