• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's coming 2016?

Partly inspired by rvman815's 2016 TP remake thread, but broader. If you want to talk in-depth about the prospects of said remake, that's the place to do it.

It's been pretty clear for a while now that Nintendo's been making a concerted effort to release Zelda content more frequently-- ranging from spin-offs to to remakes to original installments. Ever since 2013, we've seen one to two of these releases per year, and I get the feeling that this trend won't die out come 2016. It's a bit far off, but any guesses as to what we might see? Any hopes? We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves, as we've certainly got our hands full this year what with MM3d and Zelda U (two long awaited titles), but I've no doubts Nintendo's by now started peering ahead into the future of the series.

Waffle Town

Sword Collector
Personally, I would like to see a remake of A Link to the Past in a 3D environment like the most recent games have been. I feel like ALTTP was a really great game, having an interesting plot, a cool dynamic with the whole "Dark World" thing, and of course the fact that it has the most dungeons out of any Zelda game. Ever. Like I said, it's a fantastic game, but with all the rapidly improving graphical options, as well as the operating capacity of the Wii U, ALTTP could become a really great new game that could even get a new generation of players to enjoy it, because let's face it, this new technology has practically obliterated the audience for top-down games that started the series, so reviving these classics in a more enjoyable way would be a pretty smart idea for Nintendo to consider.

Djinn

and Tonic
I would be surprised if more than a few IOS type puzzle games were released. We already got a 3DS game and a console game in 2015 and Nintendo likes to give it a while between major games like this.

....but I definitely wouldn't mind some kind of short Zelda themed puzzle type game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom