• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you think that a Twilight Princess HD remake for the upcoming 10th anniversary would be good?

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Twilight Princess is a really good game, I wouldn't mind getting it in HD. Is it needed? No, but I don't care, I'd still like it.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think it's completely and utterly pointless for there to be another remake after getting 3, arguably 4, in just 4 years. I'm totally against it. I'd rather see Nintendo put their all into making new games rather than wasting their time on unnecessary remakes. And even if a third party studio develops it, it's still a waste of time on their part and I'm sure they've all got better things to do.

There's no reason for a game like Twilight Princess to be remade, especially if its only to HDify it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
ok,where's the line b/w this,and just oversaturating the market w/ remakes

How is the market oversaturated with remakes? Not every Zelda game has been remade yet so there is still room for them to be done. It's not like there are so many remakes nobody has any money left from buying them all.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Twilight Princess, of all games in the series, is the one that needs an HD remake the most.

There's so much they can do with it.
  • Increase resolution to 720p
  • Improve the skybox
  • Fix blurry textures
  • Improve facial animation
  • Make early tutorials skippable
  • Puzzle hint system for newer players
  • Hero Mode for veteran players
  • Upgrade to make horse faster
  • Faster loading times
  • Populate some of the barren areas
  • Improved HUD/Item/Menus via Wii U gamepad
This would be the most significant remake in the series.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Oh god I hope not! I think a remake is only ok if its a old enough game, its nostalgic enough, and the game might need it. Sure maybe TP isn't top of the line graphics anymore, but it doesn't look too old yet. A remake would be a waste of time.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
My answer is...YES! Twilight Princess in large need of a remake. They could really fix some of the problems with the original and make nice additions/changes like:

1) The Sages - I really really HATE how they are designed! We don't know if these sages are supposed to be the same ones from OoT or not. Nintendo makes them so unrecognizable, with no specific identities at all, and won't tell us anything about them. We can only assume they are supposed to be same sages from OoT cause of the medallion symbols signifying in same lineage. If Nintendo intends on having familiar characters return, they should at least make sure they are in some way recognizable.

2) The Hero's Shade - Same problem as the sages only not as bad. At least most people actually caught on to the idea he's supposed to be former hero as an undead. Me, however, didn't know anything about him, who he was, or he's supposed to be until I read and watched what people were saying online about him being a past hero and then Nintendo confirming he's the Hero of Time. And it was same kinda thing with the sages, I thought they were different cause they seemed different. Ugh! I really hope that if Nintendo does make a remake of TP that they fix these problems in said remake. If certain characters or generation of a character are returning, I'd like to be able to recognize them as those returning characters please!

3) Add a Hero Mode or Master Quest/Second Quest - The original game's difficulty was too easy and got boring sometimes. I'd like a good challenge, just not too much of one though. Plus, for a Master Quest/Second Quest, there's a LOT of cut out content from the early versions of the original game that they could bring back like the following:

a) What appears to be some kind of reptilian moblin hybrid thing:

MoblinTP.jpg

b) What appears to be a beta dungeon and reptilian goblin monster that Link was about to strike:

zeldatpbetadungeon2.jpg

c) Some kind of beta armos golem titan thing:

d) The beta Gohma chase that everyone has been waiting for:

6e3rpx.png

e) And bunch of other things. Please let me know what you would to see. I can't list everything you know, these images are huge and there's so many left I haven't shown.

Anyways, they should is have the cut out beta areas and dungeons restored and accessible at anytime after certain dungeons and collecting certain items necessary to reach those areas, so that the game can be able feel as open as it was supposed to be. However, they should only have this available in the unlockable Master Quest/Second Quest so it feels kinda like a sequel in a similar way that Ura Zelda was supposed to be for OoT. If fits well too, since the whole reason we got OoT Master Quest in the first place was because of the fan demand for an Ura Zelda like release, and if enough people feel the same about TP's lost content, Nintendo might consider doing something similar, which actually they should've with MM 3D for those who wanted the lost features that game's original to come back but didn't happen, plus, they didn't listen with WW's cut out island either, sadly. We can only hope Nintendo will actually listen this time if they remake TP.

4) Improve and remaster the graphics to have at least have a bit more color to make it feel more alive and life-like. I personally think it be kind of like the Tech Demo:

zelda-hd.jpg

Only except, like I said, a bit more colorful and life-like. I other to just add more life into the game.

5) Add the blooming, lighting, and shading effects of the E3 2011 Tech Demo, Nintendo Land's Battle Quest, WW HD, Zelda Wii U.

6) Base Link's hair and facial design more on how they are designed in the official artwork. Make him look more like the badass that we see in this artwork:

LinkTwilightPrincess1.png

c79d03cc01e92b364174946bc314be76.jpg

4273783-1514131999-250px.png

tumblr_n0p0paLyDH1ql0jkxo1_500.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-1166502831.jpg

7) Add boss rush mode like OoT 3D and SS.

8) Lastly, they should have some interaction with Miiverse like they with the Tingle Bottle in WW HD.

Well, there you have it. That's what I would want for a TP HD remake. Anyways, that would be all for now.

My answer is...YES! Twilight Princess in large need of a remake. They could really fix some of the problems with the original and make nice additions/changes like:

1) The Sages - I really really HATE how they are designed! We don't know if these sages are supposed to be the same ones from OoT or not. Nintendo makes them so unrecognizable, with no specific identities at all, and won't tell us anything about them. We can only assume they are supposed to be same sages from OoT cause of the medallion symbols signifying in same lineage. If Nintendo intends on having familiar characters return, they should at least make sure they are in some way recognizable.

2) The Hero's Shade - Same problem as the sages only not as bad. At least most people actually caught on to the idea he's supposed to be former hero as an undead. Me, however, didn't know anything about him, who he was, or he's supposed to be until I read and watched what people were saying online about him being a past hero and then Nintendo confirming he's the Hero of Time. And it was same kinda thing with the sages, I thought they were different cause they seemed different. Ugh! I really hope that if Nintendo does make a remake of TP that they fix these problems in said remake. If certain characters or generation of a character are returning, I'd like to be able to recognize them as those returning characters please!

3) Add a Hero Mode or Master Quest/Second Quest - The original game's difficulty was too easy and got boring sometimes. I'd like a good challenge, just not too much of one though. Plus, for a Master Quest/Second Quest, there's a LOT of cut out content from the early versions of the original game that they could bring back like the following:

MoblinTP.jpg

b) What appears to be a beta dungeon and reptilian goblin monster that Link was about to strike:

zeldatpbetadungeon2.jpg

6e3rpx.png

e) And bunch of other things. Please let me know what you would to see. I can't list everything you know, these images are huge and there's so many left I haven't shown.

Anyways, they should is have the cut out beta areas and dungeons restored and accessible at anytime after certain dungeons and collecting certain items necessary to reach those areas, so that the game can be able feel as open as it was supposed to be. However, they should only have this available in the unlockable Master Quest/Second Quest so it feels kinda like a sequel in a similar way that Ura Zelda was supposed to be for OoT. If fits well too, since the whole reason we got OoT Master Quest in the first place was because of the fan demand for an Ura Zelda like release, and if enough people feel the same about TP's lost content, Nintendo might consider doing something similar, which actually they should've with MM 3D for those who wanted the lost features that game's original to come back but didn't happen, plus, they didn't listen with WW's cut out island either, sadly. We can only hope Nintendo will actually listen this time if they remake TP.

4) Improve and remaster the graphics to have at least have a bit more color to make it feel more alive and life-like. I personally think it be kind of like the Tech Demo:

zelda-hd.jpg

Only except, like I said, a bit more colorful and life-like. I other to just add more life into the game.

5) Add the blooming, lighting, and shading effects of the E3 2011 Tech Demo, Nintendo Land's Battle Quest, WW HD, Zelda Wii U.

6) Base Link's hair and facial design more on how they are designed in the official artwork. Make him look more like the badass that we see in this artwork:

8) Lastly, they should have some interaction with Miiverse like they with the Tingle Bottle in WW HD.

Well, there you have it. That's what I would want for a TP HD remake. Anyways, that would be all for now.

About the Hero's shade...

I do believe he does almost explicitly say he's the Hero of Time..

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!

It's not mentioned in the game. In HH, yes, but not the game itself. All Shade says is just that he once served life as a Hero once, he never explicitly said "Oh, I'm the Hero of Time!", just that, all he said was "I once served life as a hero", never explicitly saying which one exactly. The only big hints/clues that could prove of him possibly being the Hero of Time you had at the time from TP's release to before HH was released were mostly the wolf songs, a few of them happening to be from the Hero of Time era. That said, there was no 100% official confirmation until HH's release. So before the release of HH, you simply could only just guess and assume from vague hints and clues, while I may cryptic stuff now days, something like trying figure out who Shade was or even who the sages in TP were was annoying to some people.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

MoblinTP.jpg

zeldatpbetadungeon2.jpg

6e3rpx.png

zelda-hd.jpg

1) Those sages are the original sages as they exist in the child timeline. I can only assume Ganon killed all the original sages with the exception of Rauru upon entering the sacred realm in the adult timeline which is why they are never seen. One explanation for their appearance in TP is that the sages can take on a more divine form which looks like a brilliant white old man even though they may have once had human forms.

2) Yes i agree but they should take it further, they should add special shiekah stones into the game. This would work similarly to the terminals in Halo 4. When activated the stone would show the player a cutscene which goes into a certain aspect of the history and lore of the world. One such cutscene could show the hero's shade when he was alive and when he was known as the hero of time.

3) Yes, a hard mode would be needed, I'd personally like a master quest style thing with some reworked puzzles and areas.

4) I agree it should look like the tech demo. That demo was very colourful and used bright and vibrant colours where required.

6) I'm not bothered about them redesigning link but the artwork one looks better for sure.

7)Boss rush would be good

8) That would be good, I enjoyed posting my artwork in WW.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion

lol no
if that were true,it wouldn't even gave been a theory but pretty much a fact [before hyrule historia]
there's not a whole lot that connects him to n64 link aside the songs,and that line of him saying he had 'defeated this evil before',so his identity was still pretty ambiguous until nintendo said they were the same guy

PoeSouls

ayy lmao
please no
tbh i was upset over the majoras mask remake because they could have been using that time to make new games!! and thats what i want
but for twilight princess its more of a selfish reason.. that game means so much to me and i dont want it to change.
it'd upset me cause i feel like i'd lose that special feeling i have when i play it im dumb

lol no
if that were true,it wouldn't even gave been a theory but pretty much a fact [before hyrule historia]
there's not a whole lot that connects him to n64 link aside the songs,and that line of him saying he had 'defeated this evil before',so his identity was still pretty ambiguous until nintendo said they were the same guy

He's the only person to deliver this line, "You are not a true hero, yet."
Who's the only one to pass that title to someone else? The Hero of Time.

Last edited:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
please no
tbh i was upset over the majoras mask remake because they could have been using that time to make new games!! and thats what i want
but for twilight princess its more of a selfish reason.. that game means so much to me and i dont want it to change.
it'd upset me cause i feel like i'd lose that special feeling i have when i play it im dumb
It's a different team doing the remakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom