• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
TBH I wish we still had blogs or at least the actual "Depressed" thread...

So, about an hour and a half ago my GF broke up with me. I've spent the intervening time swinging rapidly between "depressed, hollow, and empty," "enraged and wanting to vent off my feelings," and "gross sobbing everywhere." It really feels just out of the blue and I'm honestly the most miserable I've ever been. Apparently she just stopped feeling romantically attracted to me so there's not really anything I can do at all. I'm having a hard time coming to grips with reality and I've had a few urges (which I've repressed thankyouverymuch) to jump into traffic and pull my bookshelf down on me. I just... I honestly feel horrible and I don't see a way out of this.

PS: Don't feed me a line of bull about "oh it bets better" because I ****ing know that. I'm just horribly depressed at the moment.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake

So, about an hour and a half ago my GF broke up with me. I've spent the intervening time swinging rapidly between "depressed, hollow, and empty," "enraged and wanting to vent off my feelings," and "gross sobbing everywhere." It really feels just out of the blue and I'm honestly the most miserable I've ever been. Apparently she just stopped feeling romantically attracted to me so there's not really anything I can do at all. I'm having a hard time coming to grips with reality and I've had a few urges (which I've repressed thankyouverymuch) to jump into traffic and pull my bookshelf down on me. I just... I honestly feel horrible and I don't see a way out of this.

PS: Don't feed me a line of bull about "oh it bets better" because I ****ing know that. I'm just horribly depressed at the moment.
If you'd like to talk about it term you can contact me. My breakup was a very similar situation.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!

Hey, if you wanna vent, I'm here. I've gone through a "breakup", I guess. A guy I fell for, hard, basically told me he'd never date me. But I just want you to know that I'm glad you didn't go do something dangerous. I like talking to you and I'd be sad if you were gone.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I've gone through a "breakup", I guess. A guy I fell for, hard, basically told me he'd never date me.
It bothers me sometimes when people act as though they can empathize with people when they really can't. I remember when I first came out to people about my depression. In my life I've nearly killed myself a few times, and spent countless months crying every single day. I am now on the max dose of one anti depressant and a medium dose of another. It didn't happen very often, but there were a couple of people who said something along the lines of, "I know how you feel, I've been up and down a lot lately." Honestly, that just makes things worse. Up and down? For me, it was, and is, more like down and more down and even more down. There is no up. My good days are ones where I don't shed tears. False empathy is extremely hurtful because it comes off as if the person at hand is belittling your experiences, making it seem like it's not a big deal because they compare it to something that really isn't a big deal.

A breakup is the ultimate form of rejection. The ultimate. You showed every part of yourself to this person. The good and the bad. You shared an extremely deep connection with this person, a connection that you will only share with people you are dating, and the longer you are dating, the stronger this gets. You gave everything to them, and they decided it wasn't good enough. If you were not dating someone, you do not know what it feels like to break up. You do not understand the feeling of literally losing a part of your life to such an extent that you don't know if you can keep on going without it. You didn't go through a breakup, you went through a normal rejection. **** like that's been happening to me since I was 11. They aren't the same thing.

I'm sorry if I came off as if I was trying to attack you, I just felt a bit bothered by your wording here.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hey, if you wanna vent, I'm here. I've gone through a "breakup", I guess. A guy I fell for, hard, basically told me he'd never date me. But I just want you to know that I'm glad you didn't go do something dangerous. I like talking to you and I'd be sad if you were gone.
That's not a break up. That's being rejected. A break up is when you dated someone and then you or the other one is breaking up the relationship and say it's over. What happened to you is the guy you crushed on didn't return your feelings. Still a bad feeling but it is not a break up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom