• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Future of the Article center.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
What are we going to do with it guys? As is its just been sitting there inactive, nobody even tries applying for access to the sub-forum anymore. Last time I saw the sub-forum there hadn't been no new article ideas since 2013, there was one newer one, but it was a couple months old, written in like september of last year, I saw it in November. (Yes there was a time when I could access the sub-forum, I don't why I could though.)

Basically its a problem that we all keep putting off. We need to decide the future for it soon. Should we keep it, and somehow try to get it active again, or should we just get rid of it? I mean it isn't a bad concept, if we got some people to get together and try to figure out a way to make it interesting again it might not need to be discontinued, all it needs is a little effort. The whole reason it died off in my opinion was that it was neglected, it wasn't properly maintained. 2011-12 it was somewhat active, in 2013 that is when it just stopped being used. I'm not sure what could be done to make it interesting again, I'm not good with that stuff which is why I'm leaving it up to ranked members. What should we do with it?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think the sub forum is open to a lot of people, If not, it definitely should be. There's no reason for the application centre really.

The problem is, no one posts articles anymore. Tatl is the only one, recently, to get her's on the main page and she's seemingly gone inactive now. When the article centre was revived a few months ago by Keith, he didn't have permission to post on the main page, but now we actually can get articles published, it's just a case of people writing them.

In my opinion, the AC should stay around, even if it's inactive. It doesn't necessarily have to be active, it just needs to be there so people have the opportunity to get their article up on the main site. Honestly we just need writers. If people write articles, I, or the other editors, will edit them.

The article center is open to everyone, even guests actually. I'm guessing that you guys are referring to?

Also, I wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of the application thing, I don't think it's really needed.

Totally agree with this. I think doing away with it would only be beneficial.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Heck, if you guys do something with it I'll write stuff, I have a lot of ideas for stuff which would be interesting on the front page as an article. I'm sure some other people might even start writing on the sub-forums if they knew that their stuff will be published.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I've got rid of all the applications and the guidelines for them. There's literally no need for it, if someone else wants to post an article, they should be able to without having to go through some "qualification" process first.

Now the Article Centre just contains the original stickies and links to the two sub forums - Zelda Articles and Pokemon Articles. Everyone should have access, so don't be afraid to post your own. I've also updated the rules thread.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok so there was a problem with some of the permissions, which Kitsu fixed. Everyone should now have full access to the Article Centre including the two sub forums. Feel free to post your articles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom