• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Endgame Weapons

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
What skills do you look for in an endgame weapon? Tier 3, 5 stars, 8 slots are givens. I finally got around to creating the Smithy page with the list of weapon skills. Important notes: you can only have one SP skill, but you can have both AUG skills (v1.5).

From the new AUG skills, Hasty Attacks looks to be a must. What about Special Attack+?

The SP skill I'd go for is No Healing. You'll lose your A rank long before dying, so healing is completely useless anyway. Next best is Defenseless, since most people just dodge instead of defending. The rest are mostly useless.

I don't know how the 20 power from Legendary compares to the bonus power from an extra ATK or ELE skill. Sometimes it may depend on the weapon.

VS and KOs skills are too situational for a general endgame weapon, and BON is for farming, not endgame. So the remaining 6 or so slots are filled with ATK and ELE skills depending on the weapon.

Are ELEs really worth it though? Or should one go for Legendary or Special Attack+ instead?

Also, what are good places to farm Tier 3, 5-star, 8-slot weapons?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I've been grinding for the perfect Ganondorf's Great Swords weapon so some of what I say here applies to him until I go for another character (which will likely be Zelda's Rapier, Darunia's Hammer and one of Link's or Lana's weapons).

ATK Skills are potentially useful if you know what you want. For Ganondorf, I'm aiming for Strong Attack+, Strength III, Strength V and Strength VI, (particularly III and V, which are his energy-ball attacks). Strength II and IV are his slow, multi-hitting attacks never worth using, so forget about those.

I like ELE Skills, and typically if a character only has one available then it's worth putting on. Darkness+ is definite for me.

BON Skills are good, but not for an end-game weapon. It might be worth getting Rupees+ if there's nothing else, and maybe EXP+ if you're a long way off max-level (you can remove it later).

KOs Skills are rubbish. Moving on...

VS Skills are okay, although generally too specific. If you still want one, the best are VS Undead and VS Dragon, in my opinion, because they are effective against the most amount of enemies who tend to be regular occurring. Take into account the element of the weapon you're using and what enemies it's good against, as well.

No Healing is the best SP Skill and should always be considered. I'm echoing what Locke has to say; Defenseless is the next best sacrifice and ignore all others.

As for rest of the skills, I think Legendary should be on any end-game weapon, it's an easy increase in power. I honestly haven't seen either of the two AUG Skills in action; Hasty Attacks sounds nice, and Special Attack+ heavily depends on the character. I certainly won't be putting the latter on Ganondorf, but I just might use the former.

For now, I think my perfect Ganondorf will be:

Swords of Demise
Strong Attack+Strength III
Strength VStrength VI
LegendaryNo Healing
Darkness+Hasty Attacks

Also, what are good places to farm Tier 3, 5-star, 8-slot weapons?

What I did for my Ganondorf 8-slot was complete the Adventure mode level where you unlock his Rank 3 weapon with a Stars+ and Slots+ weapon, and use a Weapon Slot III potion. You can guarantee many-slotted and many-starred Rank 3 weapon this way, but this method only works if the weapon is unlocked on the adventure map, unless you stumble upon a lucky Network Link level.

Last edited:
You want 5 star weapons. So you can put the legendary affix on them for 450 damage. Any rank of weapon will do. Just for fun. But only rank 3 weapons have the most slots for affixes. For me I'd have these affixes on my end game weapon:

• Legendary - For the 450 weapon strength. A must.
  • Hasty Attacks - So you can attack 2x as fast. A must.
  • + Rupees - Unless you have every character at Lv 200, you can always do with more rupees.
  • + Materials - This is a must early on till you have all of the badges bought in the game for every character. Then you can just swap it out.
  • + XP - Once you hit Max level swap it out for something out.
  • + combo skill - Just pick more damage skill for your most abused combo. For me I have the WWSSS + combo skill on the power gauntlets as I use that a lot.
  • No blocking - You can't block but you get a damage bonus. This from one of the 3000KO affixes you unlock. I've only blocked 2x in the entire game to see what it was and that's it. I never block. Painless mechanic to trade off for a damage increase.
  • + slots - Weapon slots are the only thing you can't buy in the game, you have to find them. And more slots also equal more cash when you sell the junk weapons.

Those would be my initial 8 skills.
No healing is ok when going for A Rank, but for Free Hero mode and practicing stages, not being able to use your healing potion really hurts. I'd not recommend taking no healing.

Last edited:
Thanks for making that Smithy page! Been looking for a page like that. I find my best weapons on the "Rack Up Your KO Count" Lv12 challenge. I also use either the Weapon Rank III or the Weapon Slot III boost in the Apothecary. I've gotten many great weapons this way.

The only KO skill I look for is the Arrows. Even then, you could just use the item power-up in the Apothecary. Which is very useful for some missions.

Vs Dragon definitely seems to be the most useful VS skill. There are so many Dragon foes.

Since this is about weapons and skills as such, I should let you guys know I found a new Skill that's not listed in the Wiki's Smithy page. It's called Focus Spirit+ and it basically increases damage during Focus Spirit. It's one of the new 4000 KO skills. Could come in handy for Rack up your KO count, especially with Young Link who abuses the Focus Spirit.

Edit: There are actually a few more skills that were introduced in the new update:

Normal Attack+: Increases damage of normal and combo attacks.

Finishing Blow+: Increases the damage of weak point smash attacks

Max Health+: Increases attack damage while Health is full

Normal Attack+ is a must have it think. should save alot of slots from Strength skills, though I guess you could stack them.

Finishing Blow+ probably isn't that important to have, though it could give the extra edge when finishing Bosses, commanders ans Warriors alike.

Max Heath+: Pretty much the bonus you get when you use the Master Sword at full health. Could come in handy, though on missions where you can't heal, this probably would be a redundant skill, unless you are very good at dodging.

It seems all of the new skills increases damage in one way or another with the exception of Hasty attacks. I think particularly Normal Attack+ and Hasty Attacks are must haves.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Oh that changes things... So we can pick two out of six AUG skills. They all seem quite powerful, so you'll want to fill both slots for sure. Without solid numbers, it's tough to make any comparisons. Special Attack+, Focus Spirit+, and Finishing Blow+ are situational. Special Attack+ might be more useful on warriors that rely more special attacks (duh) like Sheik.

If Max Health+ gives a larger boost than Normal Attack+ then it might be better since end-game you're going to be A-ranking stages and therefore not losing (or, trying not to lose) any/much health. But if its only benefit is that it also works on special attacks, focus spirit attacks, weak point smashes, and maybe items, then it's probably not worth it. Still, Hasty Attacks for sure.

Max Heath+: Pretty much the bonus you get when you use the Master Sword at full health. Could come in handy, though on missions where you can't heal, this probably would be a redundant skill, unless you are very good at dodging.
If you are not very good at dodging, you are not getting A-Rank. That simple. For the get X number of KO's in 10 minutes (7 min for A-Rank) the Master Sword full health triple beam is almost a necessity. But for those stages just use the Master Sword because 500 damage. This ability is only good if there is any stages where you have to kill lots of densely packed hordes and you can't use Link.

And before you think, what about the potion for infinite fat bombs, that works but it will not kill the hordes one shot, Link's Master Sword beam does. Makes a big difference. And you can use it to kill captains and enemy heroes long range too.
This matters for those ****ing "don't get hit" stages. The you could use the potion for upgraded arrows as well. Those "don't get hit" stages don't have any KO requirements so you just avoid almost everything and kill what you have to at max range.
Very situational weapon affix (Max Heath+) but when you need it it makes a difference.

Normal Attack+: Increases damage of normal and combo attacks.
This might not be as good as we think. It works for all your basic attacks. But does it work when you are destroying a weak point meter? Does it work with weak point smashes? If it does not (we to have other affixes specific to those) then this will be good but not amazing. If the damage increase is the same it replaces your + specific combo attack affix. Hasty attacks is still much better though, apart from the more damage in less time, you can finish your attack quicker and then move out of the rode of their attacks. And with it you can destroy a boss weak point metre in one go (with a little luck and the right combos/badges)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
No Healing = Defenseless in damage. http://i.imgur.com/Cqqv3I1.png
If the weapon also has Max Health+, it might be better to go with Defenseless. "A" rank doesn't require 0 damage.

Normal Attack+ supposedly only works on the very first weak attack. This would benefit Volga's C2 chain, but otherwise seems pretty weak.

Normal Attack+ supposedly only works on the very first weak attack. This would benefit Volga's C2 chain, but otherwise seems pretty weak.

Yeah I've just unlocked this from one of Volga's weapons and the skill description states it only increases regular attack damage. I guess it doesn't include combo attacks after all.

Last edited:
I just crafted the end game version of my favourite weapon in the game.

zlCfzTGE4QsZOcnR5a

When Link hits Level 255 I probably will not remove +EXP as I have nothing I want to replace it with.

And the hardest thing of that to get id Defenceless. That's the first time I had it appear since I bought the game last year. If you never block (I've only blocked a few times just to see what it looked like and that's it) then defenceless is great. Blocking is just not needed. Very painless to remove for the nice damage boost. I don't know if it stacks with No Healing though.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Here's my current endgame Ganondorf weapon:

vtskdf.jpg

It's as I described before, except I replaced Darkness+ with Hasty Attacks once I unlocked it because I realised there isn't much use for giving Darkness+ to Ganondorf to begin with. I've unlock Finishing Blow+ on another weapon and I'm going to replace EXP+ with it once I reach max level (currently in the 220 range), then it will more or less be my perfect weapon. I may refine it later.

Additionally, here's a secondary weapon I'm in the process of creating specifically for grinding:

vxvrjt.jpg

I'm going to keep Slots+, Stars+, Rupees+ and Materials+, get rid of EXP+ once I reach max level, then I have another 4 skill slots to play with. I'm unsure what to put there, I may just duplicate my first endgame weapon with the four BON skills listed above instead of the ATK skills.

I don't know if it stacks with No Healing though.

Defenseless and No Healing are both SP skills and you can only have one of those per weapon so you can't stack them. If you're asking whether or not they have the same strength buff as each other, they do. It's just a matter of whether you would rather be able to block or heal properly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom