• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

i don't get why pokemon is so popular

Status
Not open for further replies.
and i certainly don't understand why it has it's own little forum within all the zelda ones. i'm not trying to be a dick, i'm just not getting it. never have.

check out the goat i love it :mineral:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Why is there a section on Zelda? Because people enjoy playing it and at one point Zeldadungeon and an entire subsection for pokemon.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Pokemon is one of the all time biggest crazes in the world aside from the word "swag" and douchey slatted sunglasses. The games themselves are rather mediocre when you look at them, but the connectivity between players and array of unique and colourful little monsters the game lets you force to murder each other offers a lot of charm.

Why is there a section on Zelda? Because people enjoy playing it and at one point Zeldadungeon and an entire subsection for pokemon.

I propose we cut down to only World of Zelda and expand the Pokémon section to reflect the sales of the franchises. :P

But in all seriousness, Pokémon was the first franchise to popularize having monsters battle for the player and arguably still the best. I guess Nintendo has a knack for making collectors out of people as well. I mean, look at Amiibo today.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I propose we cut down to only World of Zelda and expand the Pokémon section to reflect the sales of the franchises. :P

But in all seriousness, Pokémon was the first franchise to popularize having monsters battle for the player and arguably still the best. I guess Nintendo has a knack for making collectors out of people as well. I mean, look at Amiibo today.

HEY wait a gorsh darn minute here. The earliest game i remember where you could force monsters to fight monsters was the Dreamcast game Azure Dreams........ God that was an awesome game... Never completed it which makes me sad inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom