• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Alien: Covenant 6.5 /10 - I'm starting to get the feeling I've seen it all before with these sci-fi horrors. It's somewhat interesting to see what came before Alien and I enjoyed Michael Fassbender's performance which was the highlight of the film, but I didn't find the movie particularly suspenseful or scary.

Alien Covenant 3/10

I've had it with these movies, Covenant was Prometheus 2 in every way even down to the initial set up and structure.

Cant Alien just be a horror series with an alien?
Why does it have to be wrapped up in a convoluted lore. It doesnt need it and it doesnt portray what its attempting well. At this point any sort of inclusion of lore or origin of anything in this series is a complete detriment to both its films as individual entries and as a franchise.

The film also had some wonky cgi, dull characters and predictable plot.

We also see Ridley stoop to low levels for cheap peril and scares. We even got a shower murder scene which felt like a tacky would-be a Friday 13th film had Jason been there instead of the Xenomorph. You dont need a shower gore scene Ridley, come on, you're better than that.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Alien Convenant 2/10. Seriously, they should have stopped making Alien movies after the 3th one. Now it's all a big mess and nothing makes sense. This movie felt rushed, unlogical, stupid and heck just for the sake of keeping the name Alien alive, tossing another nothing into it.
The crew members are idiots. This level of stupidity is so unbelievable even toddlers would know what to do..... okay, it was some entertainment but two hours wasted of my life!

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Pirates of the Caribbean 5

One of my favorite movies now, I've seen it 3 times already and I can't get enough! I loved the story and actors. They nicely wrapped up the entire series in a satisfying way that one does not come by often. I know that ye movie may not be offcially out yet in some places but I was on a Disney Cruisethis last week and saw the premier and then saw it twice more. Anyways, I rate it 10/10 it was really something. If you all have not seen it yet, I highly suggest it. (But watch the other ones first if you have not seen them yet)

Guardians of the galaxy 2

Went with friends, didnt really wanna see it because i am so damn bored of the superhero thing now.

I got exactly what i expected. A villain of the month, a few chuckles and a loud explosion-laden throwdown at the end.

It didnt do anything big or clever, most of the jokes fell flat and i predicted every plot development and what the movie considered 'twists'.

Im just so bored of these films.

4/10

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Pirates of the Carribean 5- 5/10
Very average film. The poorest in the franchise. It seems like they were just going through the motions again, churning out another film just for the sake of it. The pacing seemed off and I did not really become immersed until about half an hour in. The story was poor with no explanation of why the villain is like he is. There is also an aspect to the plot which ignores the continuity. Obviously inspired by the Resident evil movies with that sort of thing.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Interview- 7/10
Funniest film I have seen in a while. I had been meaning to watch for ages but never got round to it.

John Wick- 8/10
@Castle had a go at me a while back for not having seen this film so I have finally gotten round to watching it. Glad I did. Loved the action, humour as well as the great cast of the movie. I will have to watch the sequel soon.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Tropic Thunder 8/10

You know when people say Mel Brooks couldn't make a movie today? Those people have never seen Tropic Thunder. Thought it was a very effective and rather sophisticated comedy critique of Hollywood's degeneracy. That, and it's funny as hell. Anyone whinging about the movie's use of the "R" word obviously doesn't get who the actual butt of that joke is. Also RDJ in blackface.

Last edited:
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory 8/10

I'm meaning the original movie here with Gene Wilder not that crappy Depp/Burton ****show called Charlie...

Great film, lots of nostalgia with it and a product of its time but its still a well made film and hugely enjoyable and very well paced. Pure Imagination is still one of the best songs in a film ever.

"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams."

Last edited:

Feverish

Source of stink
And now I just got watching Rings, and my god that was some hot garbage. The characters were flat, it brought nothing new to the table from the first movie, and the ending was a really bad twist that pretended to be built up to. 2/10

Mido

Version 1
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist: 8/10

I haven't watched this movie since around the time it came out, so it was a nice refresher. In many ways, it's very much a run-of-the-mill artsy romantic comedy of sorts, but with a few neat things thrown into the mix, one notably being how the entire movie takes place over the course of one day-night sequence. The weakest parts of the movie come through the typical cliches found in these movies, like the big misunderstanding between the leads that segues into the predicable climax that is still handled rather well. The more low-key approach really gives a strong indentity to the movie, and through fun side characters and leads that play off each other well, I'd give the movie a watch at least once if you like these kinds of movies. Either that, of I'm just a sucker for these kinds of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom