• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sword Art Online: The Game Begins

Pen

The game is on!
Lenora giggles a little. "Yeah that should definitely be interesting," she says, feeling more relaxed now. "Maybe I'll join you guys on the night shift some time. I'd love to see the wilderness of this floor at night before we leave it."

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Lupus follows suit. it's 5 o clock somewhere, and maybe he did need to lighten up

Mido

Version 1
As they walked, Ardeel suddenly stops in his tracks.

"Uhh...Lenora?" Ardeel's eyebrow twitches. "I could have sworn Al and Lupus were just here with us moments ago. Are...we lost?" His face spells out worry as he glances from side to side, hoping to spot the other two. If he had been paying more attention to the surroundings as they walked, perhaps this wouldn't have been the case. No matter the circumstances, Ardeel is likely overreacting.

Pen

The game is on!
Lenora looks around too and is unable to see any of the other party members. Her facial expression turns into a quite worried one. "Yeah... I think we might be lost..." Oh no. If only she hadn't payed so much attention to Ardeel she might have seen where the others went off to. Then again, she didn't exactly regret having admired Ardeel. uwu "I have no idea where the others went. Probably not back to the town though, so perhaps we'll run into them if we keep going away from the town."

Mido

Version 1
"I suppose so," Ardeel does his best to calmly nod. "Still, I can't imagine they would have gotten far. Should we just turn back, just to be on the safe side?"

Pen

The game is on!
"Yeah you're right," Lenora admits. "Better safe than sorry. I wouldn't wanna get ambushed by something or someone out here without the rest of our party to help us. Let's head back to town." This had to be the right thing to do. If the other had actually returned to the town there would be no sense in Lenora and Ardeel moving further away from it. As they start walking back towards the town Lenora starts thinking of how long they'd been stuck in the game now. She never thought she would have even lasted this long, but now her life in the game was starting to feel more real than the one she came from. "So Ardeel..." she starts softly, "we've been stuck in SAO for a long time now. How are you coping with it? I hope you're doing well."

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Probably none, considering Lupus' Isolationary nature

Last edited:

Mido

Version 1
Ardeel looks down for a moment as the two walk back, and then replies:

"Honestly, I've just sort of accepted that this is our new reality now, even though thoughts of the real world often cross my mind, and I can't forget about them. The worst thing is," Ardeel moves a little closer to Lenora before he continues due to nervousness, "is that the idea of players killing each other has really gotten me anxious about everything. To think their actions could rob us, any of us, of our chances to get back home. It's in many ways so horrifying. It's almost like we die for nothing as a result. It's...it's why...I'd really like to do something about all of this. I don't want to see people suffer like this, like Tri must have done. And most of all, I definitely don't want us to meet our fates like this. It's why I'm glad I'm taking the night shift. I'm glad we have these XP plans. I want to become stronger. To protect everyone. To protect-" Ardeel's words reach a screeching halt, his face instead turning slightly red. The kids didn't know what he was about to say, but he did. In a strong-armed effort to change the subject, Ardeel skids away from Lenora slightly.

"So...uh, what got you interesting in specializing with alchemy?" he over-enthusiastically asks. The two get closer to the inn they recently left amid this near-monologue.

Pen

The game is on!
"Oh ehm..." Lenora was caught slightly off guard by the sudden change of topic, but she had a gut feeling that what he was about to say would have been something very sweet. She smiles at Ardeel. "Well I've always liked to play various healing roles in other RPGs and alchemy seems like the closest I can get to it here in SAO. Besides, I like being able to assist people. Especially in this death game where I can help the people I care about. It... it feels good, you know?"

Mido

Version 1
"I see. I think I get what you mean," Ardeel nods. He wasn't sure whether he asked her the question before, but the diversion worked. He also begins to realize what he appreciated about Lenora. It wasn't that she always seemed relatively upbeat, but also incredibly selfless in spite of all the circumstances. Amid a small smile, Ardeel looks back, judging the distance they walked, and in doing so, noticed the forgotten member of the tour: Aiko. A flood of conflicting emotions strikes him immediately. On one hand, he was elated to see her, meaning he and Lenora were not lost after all. On the other hand, Aiko more than likely overheard their conversation, and judging by what little Ardeel knew about her, she likely read him like a book. Fully facing Aiko at that point, Ardeel's frame freezes in place, as stiff as a board, his assumptions over the situations taking hold.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Aiko grinned quite a bit as Ardeel turned around, stiff as a board. "Well we haven't really gotten to explore much. If you guys want, I can just send a message to Ulrich and we can all find some place to eat."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom