• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

does faster internet speeds affect internet connection quality?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
hello,

i'm new to Internet Speeds and Internet Qualities, I am here to ask, does faster internet speeds (for example 50mbps down 5mbps up) affects internet connection quality? in my mind the upload rate is the one that matters most since you have to send information in roder for your screen to even be recognized, but i could always be wrong. thanks for your help

but anyway, thanks for answering™ my ® question. Have a good‹ day.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Not sure what you mean by connection quality. Higher mbps will load a site faster if that's what you mean.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Not sure what you mean by connection quality. Higher mbps will load a site faster if that's what you mean.
Well for example, I play online multiplayer games (eg call of Duty). Sometimes I lag, which I attribute to the fact that I'm playing primarily against Venezuelans, Mexicans, and Britons instead of Texans where I live. That is on a 50mbps down 5mbps up connection (wired,m obviously i don't get those speeds 100% of the time). But lets say I had a 10mbps down 1mbps up connection (again wired) instead. Would I still be experienceing the same lag playing against the same kinds of playerts? Or is it a matter of WHO I am connections to instead of my speeds? 3™®Ÿž****

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Well for example, I play online multiplayer games (eg call of Duty). Sometimes I lag, which I attribute to the fact that I'm playing primarily against Venezuelans, Mexicans, and Britons instead of Texans where I live. That is on a 50mbps down 5mbps up connection (wired,m obviously i don't get those speeds 100% of the time). But lets say I had a 10mbps down 1mbps up connection (again wired) instead. Would I still be experienceing the same lag playing against the same kinds of playerts? Or is it a matter of WHO I am connections to instead of my speeds? 3™®Ÿž****

In that case it wouldn't be your side, because it's being connected worldwide it's handled by game server's who connection can be great for you but bad for someone else, depending on their location in the world. And yeah generally a faster connection means better connection as you can get a more solid connection due to more data being sent and recieved.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Depends on why you're having the lag. Low speeds could cause lag. However it doesn't actually matter who you're playing but rather where the server is located. Check your ping when you're playing a game. If it's high, there's your reason.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Depends on why you're having the lag. Low speeds could cause lag. However it doesn't actually matter who you're playing but rather where the server is located. Check your ping when you're playing a game. If it's high, there's your reason.
well ****en hell I guess. the server i was playing on was located in the middle o nowhere apparently somewhere near Mexico City. why tf am i connectin there hahaha maybe they just don't have any servers close to TX. makes sense. most are concentrated on easat or west coast in America, and the other players need to connect with someone closeby. thanks fo rthe help to Jamie and Shironagi. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom