• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[MEGATHREAD]Beginners Guide to Playing, and Moderating Mafia (+Index, Glossary, FAQs & Discussion)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
so you know them horses where like two people make a horse? or like when you're tryna get into that adult only ride at a themepark so you wear old people clothes and jump on your friends neck? yeah so what about a game where two people control the same player?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
There's actually a system like that on MS. It's an interesting idea, and I've actually been wondering how to do that on ZD without the whole Alts thing.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
So I decided to start a game on the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) forums, and apparently they're super different in how they run their games.
From what I've gathered, usually people on that site RP within the game, to make it more fun, as well as to prep for the event in November. And also, usually they have a cultafia in leiu of an actual mafia (not giving in on this and told them as such. Cultafia can be OP).
Any thoughts on how I should run this?
http://nanowrimo.org/forums/games-d...iting-forms-of-procrastination/threads/382002

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Also, I was talking to some people the other day, and I was thinking that maybe we should just have a mafia "season", since, year in and year out, most people seem to be out of mafia comission September-March or so. What if over the summer months we played mafia, and in the other six months, we instead play fewer, smaller, different games, like I ran Resistance last year. There are plenty of other games in the same vein as mafia - Spyfall, All in the Family, etc. That way we can keep the section active with less players and cut down on Mafia fatigue. Everyone's thoughts on the idea?

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I like this idea. I'll probably be out of commission for good/forever now, but I think this is a good idea for the future of this section.

Pen

The game is on!
I think it's definitely worth a shot. Smaller games that don't require as much attention and that don't last as long are definitely more desirable when people are busy with school or with other things. In addition to what you mentioned @DekuNut I suggest Assassin in the Palace and Deathy. :)

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Do we need seasons? Perhaps just allowing people to create a plethora of other types of games would work.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
We really don't; I just suggested "Seasons" because of the decreased playerbase around this time of year possibly causing the forced cession of mafia games anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom