• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Unaccounted Biomes

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Breath of the Wild has shown a ton of diversity within its own environment, even with the opening area of the game.

We have seen everything from lush forests, to a frosty Snowpeak, to a vast desert(this in itself has way more variety than what was seen with Skyward Sword). What is interesting though, is that each Biome seemingly has its own mechanic. The woods for example, as a huge focus on hunting on foot, climbing trees to get the jump on enemies and prey, or cutting trees down to their advantage. The meadows seemingly have a huge focus on horseback riding and combat. The snowy areas of the game are so cold that they can hurt Link without the proper clothing, food, or equipment.

But there are many biomes that haven't been expanded upon however, and biomes that aren't present in the game from what was shown.

For example, I believe a place such as Death Mountain will be way to hot for Link without a Gorons tunic of some kind.

We also haven't seen what unique gameplay opportunities the desert has.

We also haven't seen a swamp or marsh like area(something I 100% think the game will have), any graveyards/spooky areas, any towns, any huge lakes, any giant rivers.

So ZD, my question for you is. What do you hope to see in these areas, and what other areas would you like to see?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I hope there is a haunted bog in this one, kind of like the Dead Marshes from Return of the King, complete with fog, sinking mud and spectres. We have had swamps before like in MM but I think something a bit more sinister this time would be good. It could even lead to a graveyard with Dampé's hut on the outskirts. In MM you needed a special mask to not be attacked by Gibdos and I am thinking perhaps there could be something like that Link could requires to traverse the haunted marsh and find the secret entrance to a dungeon there.

As all the settlements were taken out of the demo we can't tell how big any of them will be, but I am still hoping for a really large settlement. I dont know how likely that is, if Ganon killed almost everyone 100 years prior we may not see that sort of thing but it would be cool if there was a proper city somewhere. I also want to see the Goron City return along with Zora's Domain.

I'd like to see a society that's more militarized at some point in the game. Possibly a society where you can hire other warriors (possibly Knights of Hyrule in exile waiting for the return of the Hero) to help you hunt or kill a large enemy.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I too am ready to see if the Zora and their settlement will be in the game. But I am really excited to see the beach area, and how we will go about teaching the island. And I am hoping the island is of tropical nature, with maybe a savage tribe there. I am also hoping for some big game fishing considering its an ocean. It would be very cool.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I'd like to see a society that's more militarized at some point in the game. Possibly a society where you can hire other warriors (possibly Knights of Hyrule in exile waiting for the return of the Hero) to help you hunt or kill a large enemy.
That's really cool and interesting....

However, what does this have to with the biomes in Breath of the Wild?

That's really cool and interesting....

However, what does this have to with the biomes in Breath of the Wild?
Oh I was just going off Deus' comment on the settlements. For biomes I'd like to see deserts with lots of variation; typical sandy dunes, then additions like large rockfaces with lava seeping out, or even a red desert

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom