• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

NX Discussion and Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I had a dream that Nintendo announced tomorrow, that they will unveil the NX on September 30th.

Well. I mean. A dream is more to go on than anything else right now :shrug:

Man, this NX reveal must be pretty special.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Who will do it though. We don't have Iwata anymore to do it.
NoA of course will have Reggie and Bill.

I feel they have done a great job of lately, and doing way better at being charismatic since E3 2015. They would of course do it in the west. Europe.... Well.. They will either tune into the American reveal, or it will be kind of boring considering NoE's past.

Also, Reggie has historically shown every single console since launch.

NoJ will have their own person as well.

NoA of course will have Reggie and Bill.
NoJ will have their own person as well.
Any suggestions on who NoE will have? Do you think it'll be Shibata? The same bloke that did the recent NoE 3DS direct.

For the WiiU announcement direct, I just watched the Japanese direct with Iwata. It had English subtitles.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Any suggestions on who NoE will have? Do you think it'll be Shibata? The same bloke that did the recent NoE 3DS direct.

For the WiiU announcement direct, I just watched the Japanese direct with Iwata. It had English subtitles.
I'm not sure. Probably I guess for NoE. NoJ I could also see Miyamoto doing the presentation as well.

I think we will have an announcement very soon regardless, since Nintendo met with European outlets last week. We also know that Miyamoto has been in the US for quite some time as well. Probably getting everything prepped and stuff. Things are just bubbling over.

I'm not sure. Probably I guess for NoE. NoJ I could also see Miyamoto doing the presentation as well.

I think we will have an announcement very soon regardless, since Nintendo met with European outlets last week. We also know that Miyamoto has been in the US for quite some time as well. Probably getting everything prepped and stuff. Things are just bubbling over.
Miyamoto was in the US for that Apple keynote. That was huge for Apple and Nintendo. But he could just fly in and fly out for that. Secondly there'd be no need to chat to the EU retailers if nothing was coming soon. They could be chatting about the end of year line up. But that feels a little low key to warrant special EU meetings.

I have had a few people tell me that theyir gut says a september announcement. They all might just be correct.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...dds_nintendo_nx_order_page_with_p349_99_price
Note well the price was a placeholder which has since been removed.
This doesn't mean much as EB games Australia has had the NX pre-order up for a while now without having a confirmed date or price point. Still this does have rumour potential.
*whistles*
Whew. If this is true, it's $400 dollars in the US. That is extremely, extremely steep. Nintendo is going to have a very, very hard time selling off a $400 handheld. For reference, that was way more expensive than the Wii U was.

I really hope that this rumor is false, because I really don't want to pay more than $300 for something like this.

*whistles*
Whew. If this is true, it's $400 dollars in the US. That is extremely, extremely steep. Nintendo is going to have a very, very hard time selling off a $400 handheld. For reference, that was way more expensive than the Wii U was.

I really hope that this rumor is false, because I really don't want to pay more than $300 for something like this.
That's just a placeholder price. I am pretty sure it would not be $400. Mind you the Wii here at launch (and for a while after) was $350 and $420. I can't see the NX being priced like that. Here I am thinking more around the $300 mark.
Note Well $300 here would make the price in the US say $250. Most things gaming are more expensive here.
Note Well 2 The Aus price is tax included, the US prices for most US states are before tax.

Also on a different but related topic.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/09/talking_point_the_pros_and_cons_of_nintendos_nx_secrecy

**Opinion article**
But it is informed opinion.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
That's just a placeholder price. I am pretty sure it would not be $400. Mind you the Wii here at launch (and for a while after) was $350 and $420. I can't see the NX being priced like that. Here I am thinking more around the $300 mark.
Note Well $300 here would make the price in the US say $250. Most things gaming are more expensive here.
Note Well 2 The Aus price is tax included, the US prices for most US states are before tax.

Also on a different but related topic.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/09/talking_point_the_pros_and_cons_of_nintendos_nx_secrecy

**Opinion article**
But it is informed opinion.
I really hate it. But I do think that Nintendo has done the right thing by waiting, much like they did an awesome thing by waiting with Breath of the Wild. If they can have a successful full unveiling like they did with Breath of the Wild, the NX will definitely have a successful launch.

Man, you Europeans and Austrailians got it hard over there. Gaming isn't a cheap hobby over here in the US, but wow it's even worse over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom