• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Five Breath of the Wild Theories Analyzed (and nearly CONFIRM Timeline Placement)

Hi guys, my name is Hyper Boy, and I've been deeply studying the Breath of the Wild for the past 3 months. I have already made a Breath of the Wild Timeline and story video, but now I have followed it up by analyzing five of the most popular timeline theories. Both videos have become very popular and have caused major discussions in the comment section.

I discuss the Koroks theory, the Hero of Time theory, the Rock Salt, the Old Man, and break down each theory using near-irrefutable evidence. I've put a lot of work into this, so please, check them out by clicking the images below. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Also, be sure to check out my channel, and subscribe if you enjoy what you see!! I have a feature called "Channel Quest" where we travel to different locations in Hyrule (both new and familiar) and complete dungeons and bosses as we gain new subscribers! Cool, huh?

No offense but, I think you are wrong. I did the same research, sorta, and looked at all the timelines, and to me it seems to fit in the child timeline. But right now all the world has is theories, so nothing known for sure until it comes out.
Hey that's fine. I tried my best to make sure that anyone couldn't disprove my theory, so that there's nothing that's "wrong" with it per se. But as you said, we'll never know for sure until it comes out. I can't wait!!!

Personally, I feel like it won't be in the Child Timeline before TP for a few reasons. The Master Sword was left in the Temple of Time in OoT, and it's still there in Twilight Princess. However, it no longer resides in the temple in Breath of the Wild. It could've certain been returned there, but it seems strange.

The Hero's Shade (aka OoT Link) said he could not convey what he learned until TP Link. BotW Link would've been skipped.

The Kingdom was never stated to have fallen into a decline. From what we see, the Kingdom remained in tact for the most part, and the Gorons and Zora still remain. If anything, Hyrule grew even larger.

I also don't feel it'll be after TP. The Sacred Grove has grown around the Temple of Time in TP. But in BotW, the Temple of Time is still around the remnants of Castle Town in an open environment.

There is also no story stated anywhere in Zelda lore that even remotely details events that occurred in the Child Timeline between MM and TP, between TP and FSA, or after FSA. I know, this doesn't mean anything on its own, but looking at the story of the "noxious gas advancing to the castle" during the Imprisoning War in Triforce of the Gods manual, and the Hyrule Historia saying that there was a decline in Hyrule after the Imprisoning War, just to name a couple, there is already a considerable amount of established canon that lines up with BotW's events almost word for word with no contradiction and little assumption.

That's why I side with the Downfall Timeline. Mind you, I don't even want ANOTHER Downfall Timeline game lol. But I can't dismiss this evidence that easily.

Thanks for watching, ZeldawithLinkandMidna!

Hey that's fine. I tried my best to make sure that anyone couldn't disprove my theory, so that there's nothing that's "wrong" with it per se. But as you said, we'll never know for sure until it comes out. I can't wait!!!

Personally, I feel like it won't be in the Child Timeline before TP for a few reasons. The Master Sword was left in the Temple of Time in OoT, and it's still there in Twilight Princess. However, it no longer resides in the temple in Breath of the Wild. It could've certain been returned there, but it seems strange.

The Hero's Shade (aka OoT Link) said he could not convey what he learned until TP Link. BotW Link would've been skipped.

The Kingdom was never stated to have fallen into a decline. From what we see, the Kingdom remained in tact for the most part, and the Gorons and Zora still remain. If anything, Hyrule grew even larger.

I also don't feel it'll be after TP. The Sacred Grove has grown around the Temple of Time in TP. But in BotW, the Temple of Time is still around the remnants of Castle Town in an open environment.

There is also no story stated anywhere in Zelda lore that even remotely details events that occurred in the Child Timeline between MM and TP, between TP and FSA, or after FSA. I know, this doesn't mean anything on its own, but looking at the story of the "noxious gas advancing to the castle" during the Imprisoning War in Triforce of the Gods manual, and the Hyrule Historia saying that there was a decline in Hyrule after the Imprisoning War, just to name a couple, there is already a considerable amount of established canon that lines up with BotW's events almost word for word with no contradiction and little assumption.

That's why I side with the Downfall Timeline. Mind you, I don't even want ANOTHER Downfall Timeline game lol. But I can't dismiss this evidence that easily.

Thanks for watching, ZeldawithLinkandMidna!

No problem! Also that's what is fun about theories. Besides two out of three timelines so far have the old kingdom fall/sink. The child timeline has seen the most peace. So if Ganon attacks it could cause the kingdom to fall. Like I said, could, it might not happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom