• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite show when you were a kid.

Feverish

Source of stink
xuwyt1tngcxbl1egvqgn.gif

I used to watch many shows.
The DCAU shows, Pokémon, Spongebob, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Fairly Oddparents, Johnny Bravo, TMNT (Both the 80's one and the 2003 one), etc.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I was Nickelodeon and Kids WB (back before the network became CW). Nothing on Cartoon Network ever interested me, and I thought Disney channel was crap.

Early on it was PBS. Sesame Street, Lambchops, Mr. Rodgers, Shining Time Station and yes... Barney. Anyone saying they never watched Barney is full of crap. Of course our brains are the size of peanuts then so who can blame us. So don't worry, it's gets better.

It gets Gargoyles, Reboot, Mighty Max and Batman The Animated Series better. I still have a raging hardon for these shows. Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, MiB, Cardcaptors, Pokemon of course, Real Ghostbusters, The Mummy... about the only thing I didn't watch was Yu-Gi-Oh and all the endless Sonic redos- although I was a bit of a shameful fan of that first silly Sonic cartoon adaptation. Sadly, they didn't last. And once my parents finally caved and bought cable (back when it was still worth something for the price) I was introduced to Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Doug, and the rest of Nickelodeon's lineup. Some of it was off the air by that time, Ren n' Stimpy for instance. Nickelodeon hit it big with Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents (the latter of which is loaded with subtle adult humor I was just getting old enough to catch on to) but they also had crap like Rocket Power. It was obvious Disnitch's trashy live action sitcoms were pulling more interest from the tween crowds (which to marketing departments consists entirely of preteen girls) so Nickelodeon attempted the hideous abortion that was Drake and Josh and I realized the network was done for. Then they salvaged themselves with the surprise smash hit Avatar, but I had *just* tossed cable away like a used napkin just as that series started.

Forgive me for being pretentious and considering this era the Golden Age of cartoons. Maybe it's the nostalgia talking but I don't think anything's compared before or since.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Batman Beyond. Take what is great about Batman, put it together with what is great about Spider-Man, and you get gold.

Hmm... Well, when I was in early grade school, I used to love a show called Samurai Pizza Cats. Later on when I was older, it was Samurai Jack. I guess I liked Samurai themes.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
When you were a kid, what was your favorite show on TV?

My favorite show when I was a kid was Code Lyoko (not the Evolution season). I tried to watch it every time it came on Cartoon Network.

Edit: I still watch some of the shows I watched as a kid.

Spongebob mannn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom