• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When did you first use the Internet?

I was around 5. First thing I visited was youtube, and I got my ass kicked right off for a few months for clicking a Zelda parody video that had some suggestive themes.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The very first times I got to use the Internet was in primary school during computer classes and lunchtimes. I remember I would mainly use it to play games on yahoo and look up stuff about Pokémon at the time. The first time I actually got Internet at home would have been when I was around 12. I started browsing a forum that now no longer exists, and that's probably for the better because I would likely cringe at the sight of anything 12 year old me put on the Internet.

Dan

The very first times I got to use the Internet was in primary school during computer classes and lunchtimes. I remember I would mainly use it to play games on yahoo and look up stuff about Pokémon at the time. The first time I actually got Internet at home would have been when I was around 12. I started browsing a forum that now no longer exists, and that's probably for the better because I would likely cringe at the sight of anything 12 year old me put on the Internet.

Haha lucky you, there's plenty of 12 year old me still loitering around the internet. I however sometimes like to look back and have a good laugh at me younger self.

Salem

SICK
Haha lucky you, there's plenty of 12 year old me still loitering around the internet. I however sometimes like to look back and have a good laugh at me younger self.
Oh when I remember what I did during the early internet, I find it both funny and embarrassing.

I downloaded some fanart of Mega Man, the website said that plagiarism is bad or something, and I was worried the police to come to my bedroom and arrest me.

Dan

Oh when I remember what I did during the early internet, I find it both funny and embarrassing.

I downloaded some fanart of Mega Man, the website said that plagiarism is bad or something, and I was worried the police to come to my bedroom and arrest me.

ashamed-300x264.jpg

Oh Salem! Why did you have to go admit that! The police have been private messaging members quite recently asking about the notorious Megaman fanart thief that they've been trying to catch all these years. Going to jail won't be the worst scenario to come from this situation, getting a ZD life long ban for stealing Mega Man fanart will!

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
Can't remember quite when I first used the Internet, but I know I was around Pre-K. I know I used it before Pre-K, where we used it for math and such, but my Grandparents had a PC I started using. I think I played stuff like Neopets first, but I'm not quite sure.

Salem

SICK
ashamed-300x264.jpg

Oh Salem! Why did you have to go admit that! The police have been private messaging members quite recently asking about the notorious Megaman fanart thief that they've been trying to catch all these years. Going to jail won't be the worst scenario to come from this situation, getting a ZD life long ban for stealing Mega Man fanart will!
Oh GOD, I can't imagine what will happen from that one time I printed some Zelda... stuff from the Internet....

Reactions: Dan

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Don't think I remember how old I was. Some where between the ages of 8 and 12 I think. I remember it perfectly though. I had a friend and she was my next door neighbor and she was a year older. We got online on some weird gaming chat room thing and we talked to strangers when her parents weren't home. She was a bad influence haha. I don't talk to her anymore but her family still lives in that same house.

Tsynk

VoinTsynk
I think it was 2002-2003 (not sure) when I first used the net, it was dial-up and I remember sitting and just looking at the floor to pass some time away while it loaded the page or whatever. I was 7 when I first got on the Internet. The OS was Windows Xp.

Idk I think I first used it when I was in preschool and then stopped suing it for awhile until first grade to do schoolwork then didn't use it for awhile until 2010 when I started playing Club Penguin™. But I didn't like get really involved with the internet until 2013 when I got my iPad mini

I think it was back in 2001.
I remember that I was searching on Google "NES games" because I wanted to know if it was possible to play old Nintendo games online.
I ended up finding a lot of fan websites dedicated to NES and SNES games, I liked them, but I mostly wanted to play those games, so I kept searching on Google.
I then ended up finding sprite comics such as Bob and George and the classic 8-bit Theater. Years later, I discovered YouTube (Also thanks to my mom) and watched the first Angry Video Game Nerd video in 2006. Years later after constantly watching the AVGN, I discovered the Nostalgia Critic, Jontron, Collegehumor and pretty much the bizarre, disturbing and wonderful world of the Internet.
Yeah...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom