• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Do you find the Guardians intimidating?

So, in the beginning we all assumed the Guardians were some sort of roided-out Beamos.

Now we know that they're... Still kind of roided-out Beamos, and that they feature quite prevalently.

Based on the footage we've seen are you intimidated by the Guardians so far?

Will they be something you run from when you spot them crawling over the horizon?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I will probably try to kill it if one appears. I don't know if you need those special arrows to do them in though. If I learn the hard way that going against them is a bad idea I will avoid the guardians until I am better equipped.

Aku

A little intimidating, but mainly a challenge that I think has been missing for a while. People have become used to not dying (almost at all) in a Zelda game, so I think I'm going to enjoy these guys.

Sheik

:the:
They're not nearly as intimidating as Skyward Sword's Guardians, that's for sure.

I'll generally try to fight them when I encounter them in the overworld. They don't seem that bad.

Eh, they're pretty tough, but they look like something I'd fight every now and again. And as said, they're nothing compared to the ones in Skyward Sword. Those ones were literally invincible and faster than you were.

Reactions: Dan
I haven't seen much footage. I'm keeping myself puuuuure. Heh.

Though honestly, I'll likely fight them all the time in order to gauge my own growing strength. They'll likely be a good litmus.

Dern

Site Staff
They look intimidating, that's for sure. They're very hard to kill from what I've seen/heard, which is to be expected. Still, the first time I see one, I'm gonna give it all I got and try to take it out.

Guardians in Skyward Sword were intimidating because you had nothing to fight back with. They were literally just 3D Phantoms and Reapers.

I wasn't as intimidated when I first saw them, but after seeing gameplay, I've kinda changed my mind. Considering they (larger, surface dwelling guardians) have the power to ohko you at the beginning of the game.. and considering about 100 years prior, dozens, if not hundreds, were still roaming Hyrule at the same time... Yeah. They definitely seem to be a threat that won't be a flick of the wrist to take down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom