• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dollhouse mafia: Did that thing just stare back?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Its indicative of me having a ****ty week and i dont need to be incriminated because im a worthless pathetic pariah

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Nothing to do with alignment. Reminds me of my own meltdown a couple years back, I happened to be scum that day but that had nothing to do with my reaction.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Vote Tally
Storm - 3 (Viral Maze, Cthulhu, Storm)

Not voting
A Link in Time, Johnny Sooshi, Mido, Jamie, Dekunut, Linkdude74

With 9 possessed dolls, it take 5 votes to hammer.
Night 1 ends at Thursday 2 June, 12:00 CEST

b83e21c9702b33402eb658a83d20c576.jpg

Mod notice
Tristan has replaced Ctulhu

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
so yeah. as promised
My current thoughts about everything so far

so we have

Tristan
A Link in Time
Johnny Sooshi
Linkdude74
Mido
Viral Maze
Storm
Jamie

Dekunut-Trombone Player

So, having about 90 or so relevant posts so far there is not much to go after. but from what we have discussed we have come up woth this:
-there are at least 2 Bad Ghosts
-There may or may not be a Third Party GFhost
-6 or 7 Good Ghosts
-D1 Puppetmaster gets a free kill if they choose to use it, and then protects someone for D2
-Puppetmaster will be everyone at least once before going back again for a second go

Unvote: Me

IMO this is a 2-3 day game because

day 1-9 people
day 2- 5 or 6 people (Lynch+PMNK+MNK+SKNK)
day 3- 2 or 3 people ( LYLO so no Puppetmaster)

You're acting like its a given that we'd lynch you.

At this point....well this is still a 5/2 game. so this is third day, but Yes. I always assume its a Given. but while I'm here. I'm going to try to conjure my findings into a coherent albeit here and there post or two. no one has said much, so not a lot to go on. maybe a day 2 analysis will happen if I'm there.
-Storm

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
OK, I read through, so here's a hasty attempt at quoting things and responding to things! :)
Basically, everyone in this game is vanilla, even the mafia. There are no vigs, docs, cops or whatever in this game.
The night will not be quiet however. Every day and night, one player becomes the puppet master. This player is randomly chosen (it is partially turn-based, meaning that everyone will have been puppet master once before a person becomes puppet master a second time. However, the order in which the following puppet master will be chosen is that the list of living players that have not yet been puppet master will be randomised.

When you are the puppet master, during the night you will have 2 abilities:
- make player X kill player Y
- Make player Z protect player W[/spoiler]
I'm quoting this as a reference, because the way Koko worded this is important.
So you're telling me that there might be 2 scum and no chance of a third party? What if there is a Third Party? Its entirely possible. Maybe not a SK, but like an Executioner or an Arsonist (Velvetine Rabbit) or something of the sort.
I doubt there's a third party role, especially one like Executioner or Arsonist. Looking at Koko's post above, he clearly mentions town and mafia, but doesn't say anything about third party. It's possible, of course, but doubtful. If there is a third party role, it's most likely that it's a Survivor, someone who just has to survive until the end and doesn't have any special abilities, because Koko strongly emphasised the fact that everyone is Vanilla in this game.

It is also for this reason that I don't believe that the mafia have a factional kill. The way he said "everyone is vanilla, even the mafia" implies that the mafia are in the exact same boat as us; they have no special abilities (except maybe daychat, idk), just like the rest of us. If he had simply said "everyone is vanilla", then maybe it'd be different, but the fact that he emphasized "even the mafia" makes me strongly believe that they don't have a factional kill this game. All night kills fall on the Puppet Master.

And given the set up, it makes sense this way. If scum can kill, then we'd have three deaths during each night/day phase (lynch + two NKs), which could potentially cause the game to be over in just two days. Koko would not make the setup that unbalanced. It is far more likely that there is only the lynch and one NK. Also, since it seems Mafia can also become the Puppet Master, giving them two NKs for one night (day) would be extremely OP and unbalanced.
No.
Because its not a role
No one person is always the Puppet Master. The puppet master is a title given to a random person every night and day.

But seriously though. I do not think we should lynch this game. I believe that us Town should work together and when a Town is puppetmaster they kill thier biggest scumread and protect thier biggest town read
You already had several people tell you this is a bad idea so I won't say that, but I will ask you why you actually believed it was a good idea?
IMO this is a 2-3 day game because

day 1-9 people
day 2- 5 or 6 people (Lynch+PMNK+MNK+SKNK)
day 3- 2 or 3 people ( LYLO so no Puppetmaster)

At this point....well this is still a 5/2 game. so this is third day, but Yes. I always assume its a Given. but while I'm here. I'm going to try to conjure my findings into a coherent albeit here and there post or two. no one has said much, so not a lot to go on. maybe a day 2 analysis will happen if I'm there.
-Storm

I stated above why it is extremely unlikely that Koko would make a game this unbalanced. It's unlikely enough that there are 2 NKing roles, but three? No, that just wouldn't work.

Anyway, Unvote.

Cthulhu's vote on Storm seemed hasty and I'm not sure why he actually voted for him. Storm doesn't look scummy to me, nothing he's said/done is out of the ordinary for his playstyle. If it came down to it though, I might be ok with a PL if it's necessary.

For now, I'm actually going to keep an eye on Johnny. Viral called him out on the fact that he seems cautious, but I don't think he needs to be as cautious as he is. Also, this post below caught my eye:
I'm confused. When did we decide 2 scum?
I think 2 scum is the most likely scenario given the set up. Any more would be more in the mafia's favour, any less would be more in the town's favour. It reads like him trying to seem clueless.

FoS: Johnny Sooshi

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Cthulhu's vote on Storm seemed hasty and I'm not sure why he actually voted for him

Hasty town, hasty scum, or hasty neutral? Pretend you don't know your role, and answer it honestly. If Cthulhu was another player, would you find his vote suspect?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hasty town, hasty scum, or hasty neutral? Pretend you don't know your role, and answer it honestly. If Cthulhu was another player, would you find his vote suspect?
tbh, I probably would. He didn't leave me in a great place haha. But I can't defend that vote because I really don't know his reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom