• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you like to shop?

How do you prefer to shop

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • In a store

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I like someone to do do my shopping for me

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I dont have a preference

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
How do you like to shop? Do you like to physically go into a store to see the items or do you prefer to just shop online where the items are only a mouse click away.

Also do you shop with a purpose normally or just visit shops and pick things up that you never originally intended to get when you went out? I know some just seem to enjoy the act of shopping, they simply go out with no mind of what they want but end up coming back with bagful's of items.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In and out. I dont have the time to shop like some people do so u run into the store and complete whatever i meed tom

I dont like online shopping as it is impersonal and it actually takes longer to get what i need at a more expensive prixe.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I prefer to actually go to a store, and get what I need right there, but I'll shop online for stuff that I can't get here.
(Such as manga, because the only book store near by shut down for business.) :kawaii:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
For groceries I usually shop online and have the food delivered to the house. It is so much easier than walking around with a list and finding everything.

For clothes I have such a difficulty finding anything that fits nicely that I have to try them on first, but once I find something I can then order it again online in the future and find the place that sells it at the best price.

I do like to go to dvd and game stores and look at physical copies for inspiration when I know I want a game or film but am not sure what I want.

I don't get any joy from just spending money, so usually when I go out I do it with a purpose.

Misty

Ronin
Right, right, it seems like I need to make clear: I voted for online because it is ideal for sorting by price, size, etc. Especially for books and non-clothing objects this is absolutely ideal.

However, when it comes to clothing it's a little more hit or miss. I am what could be defined as a hobbit by the sort of awful people who like to shame (to use the parlance of our generation) petite, short people. I prefer the term Elfin. All this usually means trying clothing on is best for me because even XS are sometimes too baggy. HOWEVER, online shopping and the free shipping amazon feature has opened up the ability to shop for clothing sold in Asia, which not to stereotype a hole type of people, usually means the clothing actually fits me like a glove. (GOD BLESS YOU, ASIAN PEOPLE.) This means that I mix between shopping in store and online.

BUT, I must also add that I quite like my mother shopping for me. There were some years where we had a bit of a snafu over how I ought be dressed. (She believed in pink, khaki, and for lack of a better term "preppy" style. I believed in the bohemian revolution and fem-punk style with no room for pink except possibly on flower headbands.) After the judge ruled in my favour, she's become excellent at dressing me the way I want to be dressed. The fact I don't have to pay is really just bonus.

Reactions: Dio

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm a browser, both in person and online. At least mainly I am. There are exceptions, like with clothes shopping I much prefer to just get it over with as it's both uncomfortable and uninteresting for me (and I really hate going clothes shopping with people, because I always end up standing outside the changing room pacing impatiently). Sure, I care what I wear, but I don't like the process of looking for clothes. There's just too much fitting room trauma there of standing there with a pair of pants stopping mid-thigh (and don't get me started on the bland, shapeless tents they store in the pitifully named "big is beautiful" section), so whenever I find something that fits me well, I aim to stick to it.

However, put me in a gadget store (I'm a sucker for nifty gadgets and figuring out storage and organization solutions), a game or video store, and I'm all about the browsing. I have less love for the dusty clearance bins now than when I was younger, I still love a bargain, but don't feel the bins are worth that thorough search, not when I generally find better deals online anyway.

I'm also a bit of both in terms of purpose and coming home with bags of things. Sometimes I have a specific purpose and I might stick to it, other times I'm just browsing to kill time or just because it's been a while and then it's all down to whether I find something good or not. Of course there are plenty of times where I just browse and don't purchase something, it all just depends, really.

What I enjoy with shopping is 'the find'. Whether it's tiny boxes to put into my boardgames to organise them, or some nifty item to help change something at home, or some new project, or simply a new game or movie to enjoy. It can absolutely be something I set out to get, or it can be something I discovered while browsing, both are equally good to me.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I love both. I love to go to town and look around. But the stores over here are so dull.... I live in a place where the local government forgot to make things more attractive for tourists and local citizens. So shopping over here is done in 15 minutes. But still I like to go and see if there is ANYTHING new. I also like to shop online because then I always find what I'm looking for and I compare prices and quality. Ebay and aliexpress are amazing places to find cheap stuff.
But as said before, I love both. I never shop for nothing. I always have a purpose to go shopping.

Dan

I refuse to go into most shops due to the staff trying to "help" me. If you're ever attempted to feed chickens you will know they come darting up to you ready for some food. Same case with shops only you're the food. Sometimes I feel I have to pepper pray the staff the moment I get into the shop.

One pestered me to the point where he got the sack. Yeah I'm glad he was sacked, you don't pester people when they have told you the first time you sent need my help, especially when that person owns a copy of Sonic CD.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I prefer to shop online just because it's more convenient, though most of the shopping I do does take place at an actual store. Because of high shipping costs, I generally only buy items online when I can't find it in store. When it comes to groceries, books/games/other media, and most clothes, I like to see it first hand before I buy.

I also only shop when I have a purpose to do so. I'm not a huge fan of the ordeal so I like to just get what I need and get out. Plus if I went into a store without a plan, I would just start buying unnecessary crap which, to be honest, sometimes happens regardless!

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Shopping is one of my least favorite activities in the world. Whenever I need new clothes, I will buy the first thing that is comfortable and fits. But even that can literally drain the life out of me. For the most part, I get my clothes at either Christmas and Birthdays. (All I wear are plain t-shirts and shorts)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom