• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite video game mods

Dan

If we're counting fan remakes, I'd say Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe was one of the best. It was a game I loved from the 90s but it began aging rather poorly as it had a number of bugs and odd limitations. then the Transport Tycoon Deluxe Patch was created and it fixed so many issues but that eventually hit a wall and couldn't be taken any further either. And then the game was completely recreated by fans and this remake has been getting regular updates for 13 years. It's very good. And even has a strong modding base where you can actually download mods for the remake. Here's the link if you're interested:
https://www.openttd.org/en/

Yeah I think we should include fan remakes.

Streets of Rage Remake
streets_of_rage_remake.jpg

Fantastic remake that blends all three games into one. There's a level route following each game, it's possible to diverge however, for example you can be at the Streets of Rage 2 bar and end up on the Streets of Rage 3 train level.
It also features new levels. The soundtrack is amazing too.

remake52.png

Median XL for Diablo 2
http://median-xl.com
That reminds me, I forgot to put the Diablo 1 HD with updated features and game play. http://diablo1.ovh.org/hd/?features

I love the Diablo series, Diablo 1 and 2 had a magic atmosphere about them that Diablo 3 lacked. Even though I actually played D3 the most, D1 and D2 have a special place in my heart that D3 will not. I think Matt Uelmen's music had a lot to do with it.

Dan

I recently used a mod for Skyrim called Knock Knock.

It lets you knock on peoples' doors instead of breaking in.

You'd be amazed at how much better it makes the game.

Well of course a game of knock and run is far more entertaining than breaking an entry. :bubsy:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Another game I modded was Red Alert Yuri's revenge. I used to play with a friend of mine on our modded maps. We never finished a game because the size of our armies which was made possible by the mods, crashed the computer every time.

Dan

Another game I modded was Red Alert Yuri's revenge. I used to play with a friend of mine on our modded maps. We never finished a game because the size of our armies which was made possible by the mods, crashed the computer every time.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Someone here that's played Yuri's Revenge! Ready for action! Conscript reporting! This guns heavy! Find a hot spot! Rubber shoes in motion! C4 knocking at your door!
Played that game quite a bit online back when it had a active community. I loved making maps and installing mods for that game even if it wasn't at all balanced. Ore everywhere. Army of dinosaurs etc.

On another note the original Command and Conquer Tiberian Dawn maps are so small now you get graphical glitching as the map is smaller than current resolution standards.

Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom