• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did you used to believe in...

Did you used to believe in Santa, or and the Easter Bunny etc

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Never

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

So I've been rather bicurious as of late, and started to wonder, did you ever believe in the Easter bunny, Santa, the tooth fairy and any other mystical creature?

Another Question relates to the above, do you think it's right for parents to tell their children these entities really exist?

Dan

Yes I used to. I believe It's alright as long as the parents come clean either when the kid is older or asks if they are real.

I think most children end up finding out for themselves. I certainly did, but by then I understood why they told me about such make believe entities.

Dan

I was terrified of Santa as a kid. When we were taking a family picture with Santa, I didn't want to come close because he looked like a bad man. But I did believe in the Easter Bunny.

Didn't happen to look like this?
evil+santa.jpg

The idea of a man knowing where everyone lives is pretty fearsome on its own...

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Santa probably existed at some point in history but he's not around today.

I found out on my own that they weren't real; my parents never told me. I believed in Santa but I always figured the Easter Bunny was fake and just some made up thing for Easter, which I didn't mind.

Dan

Santa probably existed at some point in history but he's not around today.

I found out on my own that they weren't real; my parents never told me. I believed in Santa but I always figured the Easter Bunny was fake and just some made up thing for Easter, which I didn't mind.

Oh I'll always be around... in your heart Ari, Ho ho ho!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I believed in them all. I discovered they weren't real on my own. I don't remember how though, I think I just put two and two together. I continued to pretend though, just because free stuff yay!

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
My parents used to tell me they were real. I believed it up until around 2nd or 3rd grade, I think. Then they told us the truth. I didn't really mind much after the initial shock because I'd still be getting presents on Christmas anyway, and all was right with the world.

As for parents telling kids, they should if they want to, but they'll have to deal with telling the truth later on, unless the kids figure out themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom