• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

I haven't pre-ordered yet, although I'm definitely going to. I kind of want the special edition as well.... but money is so tight that I don't think I'll be able to, even though the special edition looks awesome. I think just the game itself will be enough for me though.
I don't know if you can still pre-order the Collectors edition still. It seems to be sold out everywhere. Even in Australia it sold out recently. There are no digital goodies from the CE so just getting the game itself will be enough for most people.

I don't know if you can still pre-order the Collectors edition still. It seems to be sold out everywhere. Even in Australia it sold out recently. There are no digital goodies from the CE so just getting the game itself will be enough for most people.

Well, that make my choice a whole lot easier then, haha. Looking at what the special addition had anyway, it's not really something that I absolutely have to have. Art booklets are cool and all, but I've never really been the biggest fan of them. The custom flashdrive was pretty awesome though, I have to admit.

Wow. That I didn't know. Last I checked it was not there. Maybe they put it back up. Anyway That's a good thong for the NA people who want it. Thanks for sharing this.

Here is some more pics of the two different Limited Editions on offer.

PAL
91pEkqkDO1L._SL1500_.jpg

NA
91Gy00oFMcL._SL1500_.jpg

Yeah, you can preload the extra packs from XCX's eShop page. Pretty straightforward.

Speaking of space, I'm debating on whether I should an external harddrive for the game...

I did a little research. Only NA has the pre-download up now. Europe and Australia still have it wait for this. We do not have it yet unfortunately.

51-ns2eEdL.jpg
Hey guys, don't forget to buy the strategy guide if you need help in the game.

I'm actually seriously considering this. Although I do love open-world games, I have to admit that I'm already a little intimidated by not only the size and scope of this game, but just by the sheer amount of gameplay options and menus there seems to be as well. I'd greatly appreciate some sort of direction when it comes to effective builds, as I'm kind of weird about not wanting to send my characters down skill trees that they're not effective in (Like making Snow a Medic in FFXIII).

I might look it over in a Gamestop or something when I pick the game up to see if it's worth it or not.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I'm actually seriously considering this. Although I do love open-world games, I have to admit that I'm already a little intimidated by not only the size and scope of this game, but just by the sheer amount of gameplay options and menus there seems to be as well. I'd greatly appreciate some sort of direction when it comes to effective builds, as I'm kind of weird about not wanting to send my characters down skill trees that they're not effective in (Like making Snow a Medic in FFXIII).

I might look it over in a Gamestop or something when I pick the game up to see if it's worth it or not.
Well don't worry, it might be a little daunting at first with the size and menus, but you'll get the hang of it, trust me^^. Yeah and if I was you I buy the guide, it seems that Derrick Bitner from gamexplain was having trouble with the gather quests, so I'm going to buy me one too, if I have enough money that is.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I had to ask: was there any concern during development that perhaps cramming X with all these systems would be too much for non-hardcore players? What about those with a Wii U who just want a cool game to play, and haven't been as willing in the past to spend 40, 60, or 100 hours to complete a game? According to Takahashi, this less-committed audience isn't the audience Monolith made X for.

"Since we're aiming for the next evolution in JRPGs, I have to admit that our original goal was not to aim for simplicity," he said. "We were looking for new directions and so that means adding new elements to an existing structure that people might have an innate understanding of. As such, I have to be honest, there is going to be some complexity that comes in, but I feel that we've created a really compelling experience from that."
All of this!
Monolith Soft! You are getting it right, unlike Nintendo!
Nintendo has been way too focused on creating a game for "everyone" to play. 3D World, for example, was a way to make 3D Mario more "accessible", yet all it did was dumb down what 3D Mario really was.... We can see this for game after game on the Wii U, taking a lot of liberties of making a game "more accessible". When you stop trying to make a game for everyone, that is when you really hit your stride. That is why Xenoblade Chronicles X will dwarf every single game on the Wii U(except maybe Bayonetta), in scale, impressiveness, depth, and fun. This is what the 3DS excelled at, with having hardcore titles that are awesome, and what the Wii U sorely lacked.

All of this!
Monolith Soft! You are getting it right, unlike Nintendo!
Nintendo has been way too focused on creating a game for "everyone" to play. 3D World, for example, was a way to make 3D Mario more "accessible", yet all it did was dumb down what 3D Mario really was.... We can see this for game after game on the Wii U, taking a lot of liberties of making a game "more accessible". When you stop trying to make a game for everyone, that is when you really hit your stride. That is why Xenoblade Chronicles X will dwarf every single game on the Wii U(except maybe Bayonetta), in scale, impressiveness, depth, and fun. This is what the 3DS excelled at, with having hardcore titles that are awesome, and what the Wii U sorely lacked.
Also the main story quests are gated so you can't just speed rush the game. Sure you can speed rush XCX still but you have to do a number of side quests too to unlock the main story quests. ANd it helps to ensure you are not under levelled for the main story quests.

Monolith soft is great for saying if you want a quick game don't play XCX. XCX is for those who do want to smell the roses and really put the serious time into this amazing game. Sure some of the 3D models and sprites are not the best but overall the game looks amazing and will keep you entertained for ages.

Bayonetta is a great game (not my thing though) but it will not even come close to the epic scale and pure awesomeness of XCX. XCX is looking to dwarf every other game ever made it terms of scale, depth, content and fun. XCX is doing things games on the PS4 have not even done. Sure the PS4 can have higher textured and polygon 3D models and sprrites but for everything else XCX is just leaps and bounds ahead. Totally proving that it's reaching potential, and not better hardware with unused potential that make great games.

XCX is pretty accessable. But that accessability is not achieved through dumbing down the game for all audiences. The accessability is achieved by the time spent in the game. Time spent learning how the game works. Put the tiem in and the player will be rewarded and learn how to play the game. A higher learning curve but one that in time can be mastered and the player will feel rewarded when they get things like combat and crafting downpat after struggling with it early on. Totally practice makes perfect.

North American Xenoblade Chronicles X commercial, UK promos

I was really happy when I saw this, because I was worried for quite a while that NoA wouldn't advertise Xenoblade Chronicles X at all because it wasn't Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon. I think the European ads are slightly better, but the North American trailer gets the job done. I can't wait for this game. We'll see how things turn out when the review embargo lifts on the 30th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom