• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why is my bunny making noises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hello I have a pet bunny named Speckles and she got really fat recently. No she is not pragent because I don't have a boy bunny only a girl bunny. But I call Speckles over and rub her sides and when I saw she starts beating the ground? I'm sorry but I dont know how to describe what shes doing. Is Spckles mad at me for not rubbing her? :'(

Dob't forget to like and subscribe

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
If your bunny is doing anything out of the ordinary I would get her checked over the vet. Rabbits are very good at hiding when there is a problem so any changes should be checked immediately. How old is your bunny?? Is she still eating and drinking normally?? Has she increased her eating or decreased her exercise to cause the weight gain??

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If your bunny is doing anything out of the ordinary I would get her checked over the vet. Rabbits are very good at hiding when there is a problem so any changes should be checked immediately. How old is your bunny?? Is she still eating and drinking normally?? Has she increased her eating or decreased her exercise to cause the weight gain??
Well she eats carrots and nipples on grass every so often and she dranks water without issue. She exercises (I don't have her in a cage, i fully believe in animal rights) but the only difference i noticing is she starts beating on the ground when i stop rubbing her. Poor speckles :'(

I think shes spoiled but i love her regardless.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Definitely the wrong board for this **** my man. An animal forum would be better.

Alternatively, if you look it up on on WebMD you'll find your bunny has cancer.

D

Deleted member 14134

Not sure if this is serious or not but if you mean just one really loud stomp then he probably hears something he perceives as dangers and stomps as a warning. My rabbit used to do it from time to time, especially at night RIP buddy.

You mean thumping? They usually do it to communicate with other nearby rabbits, especially if they become startled. It's their way of warning others of potential danger, which will be responded to by the other rabbits in the area by returning the signal. A sudden noise or movement in their environment can trigger them to thump, for example. Even if there are no other rabbits around, it's an instinctive thing for them to do. It's normal rodent behavior.

EDIT: Is she doing this while you are handling her? Depending on the intensity of the thump, that may be her way of saying she's content.

Last edited:

Jamie

You mean thumping? They usually do it to communicate with other nearby rabbits, especially if they become startled. It's their way of warning others of potential danger, which will be responded to by the other rabbits in the area by returning the signal. A sudden noise or movement in their environment can trigger them to thump, for example. Even if there are no other rabbits around, it's an instinctive thing for them to do. It's normal rodent behavior.

EDIT: Is she doing this while you are handling her? Depending on the intensity of the thump, that may be her way of saying she's content.
Rabbits aren't rodents my man.

Jamie

Not sure if this is serious or not but if you mean just one really loud stomp then he probably hears something he perceives as dangers and stomps as a warning. My rabbit used to do it from time to time, especially at night RIP buddy.
The Volvo strikes again...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
So i took speckles to the vet and it turns out she really IS spoiled. She thumps (thTs a funny word) because she wants me to keep petting her. Like stamping the ground when she doesnt get her way, hhaha
Adorable pet :3

Mods close this thred please. Thanks for your cooperation team

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom