• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you discovered zelda?

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I love these kinds of stories so much. They're always so full of nostalgia and wonder. Personally I played Link's Awakening first, but it wasn't until some time later that I realized it was a Zelda game at all. My brother downloaded it on an emulator at a time before I really understood how the internet worked (or that playing a game in this form was technically illegal). Still, we played that game, and a Japanese version of Pokémon Gold before it released in America. Years later, after I'd forgotten about that game, Super Smash Bros. Released on N64 and we had a ton of fun with that, but my brother wondered where exactly Link came from. Shortly after, we got Ocarina of Time and I started the series anew before later getting Link's Awakening and Link to the Past as a birthday present. After realizing I'd been playing the series since almost as long as I can remember gaming, the rest became history. Over the years I've now collected a fair ton of cool Zelda swag, own at least one version of every (canon) title, and have beaten every game except Zelda 2. I keep going back every so often, but it's hard to love a game that sucks so much.

I actually don't remember ... lol
I think that it was around the time we really got internet and me, being the kid I was went to search for games. So I discovered the wonderful terrible world of emulation, which you should never do kids! It's poor form and will hurt poor videogame companies! Even if they don't even comercialize the game / system any more.
And when I discovered the N64, OoT came along because nostalgia and the usual circlejerk that comes with "OoT being the best game ever!!!!1!!!1!"

CyborgElfStephanie

Just a loser loving Legend of Zelda and anime
I was just a little girl not long after being adopted by a nice new mother(My blood parents were neglecting and abusive)
I saw one of my new older brother's sons playing Legend of Zelda games, I watch them time to time until either one of them or the other new older brother's oldest son thought of getting me into Legend of Zelda games by giving me Zelda Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 64(I got it from my new oldest brother as a gift for being their new family member) I played it and love it, but I never went far back then and I stopped playing it for 3 years after seeing Link getting attacked by Redeads(They still scare me to this day as I play the game).
For some of my childhood it was just Zelda Ocarina of Time and Super Smash Bros that I see Link, in high school I played other Zelda games as I joined the newer Nintendo Console world. Now I'm a Zelda lover.

I first messed around with Zelda as a kid in early elementary school. A much older friend of mine had Ocarina of Time, and he was in the adult Link castle town. I remember being really creeped out by the ReDeads the overall darkness of what I saw of the game. Little too spooky for me, so I left Zelda alone for another 6ish years. It's too bad too, Zelda is my favorite series by far now, and I think I would have loved the games even more if I started earlier.

I actually only discovered the series this year! I had never heard of anything but Mario when it came to video games, and associated Nintendo in general with only Mario. Then I heard from a random YouTube video that Nintendo's two main series were Mario and Zelda. I played around with the word Zelda, and thought it sounded funny, so I looked it up on Wikipedia. Apparently, it was entirely different than Mario, and focused more on story than random jumping. I then decided to get Wind Waker HD, Ocarina of Time 3D, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess HD, A Link Between Worlds, and Majora's Mask 3D all at the same time (I had some birthday money). I instantly loved the series, and have now got all but 4 of the games (even buying a GameCube for some of them). I first played in April, and spent over 200 hours according to my Wii U, Wii, and 3DS on the series combined in that month alone! Since then, I've truly immersed myself in the world of The Legend of Zelda, and even went to the Goddess Symphony Concert a few weeks ago. I even made a shield out of wood, and decorated it to look like the Skyward Sword shield (using online templates, of course). All in all, I really enjoy playing and am grateful I randomly stumbled across the series!

So, I low key was never allowed to play video games growing up. I think I we had a Super Nintendo with Duck Hunt and Tetris while I was growing up... I wasn't allowed to watch certain cartoons or any movies either. I was an incredibly sheltered child, which is not the point.
But my best friend growing up and all the fine things in life that any kid could ask for. Posters of cartoons, and every state of the art console you could think of. i remember the first game I ever played was Wind Waker (though I didn't know what it was called at the time) on the game cube, but it was for like..10 minutes before she wanted to move on and do something else (we played a lot of The Sims, lol)
After that, I always wanted to go back to the Zelda game, but as we got older, she was more interested in going to the mall and doing... idk... teenage girl things.
So MANY years later (i was like... in late high school) My brothers bought an old N64 from a garage sale with Donkey Kong, Star Wars Racers (or something to that effect) and Ocarina of Time.
I remember playing that as a late teen something and just falling in love from the very beginning of the game.

My Mum and my Uncle are huge LoZ fans, so I grew up watching them play, then playing myself. I had played OoT, and seen LoZ, but when my Uncle left to live in Sydney, I sort of stopped playing. I never fully became 'obsessed' Until a few years back, when my Uncle gave me Spirit tracks.

When I was like 7 or 8 my parents got me the snes and one of the games that they got with it just so happened to be ALttP, now I can't tell you exactly how many countless hours I spent playing that game i had so much fun, I never was able to finish the game as a kid (I've since then completed the game) but I remember making several save files so I could just keep playing over and over, and then when the N64 came out my love for Zelda grew with OOT and MM and I have since then played just about every Zelda title and even have a large scale tattoo of TP link and navi on my back (although they don't technically go together they're a nod to both my favorite Zelda titles so far)

I went to Walmart with my dad when I was smaller and every year I would get to pick one game. There was one copy of A Link to the Past on the GBA with Four Swords as a special bonus and I thought it looked kind of interesting. It was my very first Zelda game and it was hard as heck. I believe the game told me at the very end that I died 244 times but still to this day, that game holds a special place in my heart. I continued to purchase Zelda games after that one.

My brother's now-wife bought him an n64 with OoT as a birthday gift. So for a long time, I got into helping him with the strategy guide (the versus books one was awesome), watching, things like that... idk he was way older so I always looked up to him and wanted to be a part of things! When he moved out and left it behind, I got to start my own game and that was just it, I was hooked! But I even remember asking him to beat Gohma for me just because at my young age I was freaked out haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom