• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Men wearing make-up

Men wearing make-up?

• Sure

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Nope

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

So after a short discussion with one of my friends about make-up, I ended up putting some on.
Wowsers! I feel pretty really happy with these modified looks.
Why don't more men use make-up?
I think all the males here at ZD should wear make-up as they may like it and find themselves adoring it.

What do you forum dwellers think?

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
In all seriousness, I have male friend who wears eye-liner and he looks better with it than I do xD. Further still, in my culture we actually have a third gender called a Fa'afafine which is essentially a very effeminate male, so I grew up with this being a very common thing, guys who cross-dress and/or wear make-up. So basically my answer is yeah-sure! Why not, who cares, do what you want.

Not unless It's for costume or cultural reasons. I personally don't like makeup on either gender, but It is more for girls.
So after a short discussion with one of my friends about make-up, I ended up putting some on.
Wowsers! I feel pretty really happy with these :modify:ied looks.
Why don't more men use make-up?
I think all the males here at ZD should wear make-up as they may like it and find themselves adoring it.

What do you forum dwellers think?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Everyone looks better with makeup even if it is a simple powdering of the face to even the skin tone. As for eyeliners and lipstick I don't see why a man shouldn't if he wants to. Some men look good with the full works.

Reactions: Dan

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Couldn't care less. If you wanna wear makeup, then go for it. I know I won't be wearing it, though.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Generally I'm not a fan of makeup on either gender. When it's caked on so thick you can tell it is there, it looks ugly. In my view, if you have to have it, it should be subtle, or at least focusing on adding shadowing, but that's it. But that's just what I think looks good. And I don't really care about the gender in this question. I see that as a non-issue that people shouldn't be bothering themselves with. Personally I think people should try appreciating their natural looks more, though that's just me. And in any case I really don't care what people put on themselves nor do I see why I, or anyone else, should. I can offer my opinion on how it looks, that's it.

Reactions: Dan
Generally I'm not a fan of makeup on either gender. When it's caked on so thick you can tell it is there, it looks ugly. In my view, if you have to have it, it should be subtle, or at least focusing on adding shadowing, but that's it. But that's just what I think looks good. And I don't really care about the gender in this question. I see that as a non-issue that people shouldn't be bothering themselves with. Personally I think people should try appreciating their natural looks more, though that's just me. And in any case I really don't care what people put on themselves nor do I see why I, or anyone else, should. I can offer my opinion on how it looks, that's it.

Well some people do need a little help in that department you know, to boost their self-esteem a little if nothing else.

I'm in the board with everyone else here - do whatever you want. If you feel prettier with makeup, go for it. I don't think I have the right to dictate how others style themselves.

In all seriousness, I have male friend who wears eye-liner and he looks better with it than I do xD. Further still, in my culture we actually have a third gender called a Fa'afafine which is essentially a very effeminate male, so I grew up with this being a very common thing, guys who cross-dress and/or wear make-up. So basically my answer is yeah-sure! Why not, who cares, do what you want.

That sounds interesting. What culture is that, if I may ask?

Dan

Well some people do need a little help in that department you know, to boost their self-esteem a little if nothing else.

I agree with this, I just think too much the majority of the time doesn't work out, speaking from my own personal tastes anyway.
This girl does quite well with minimal make up, I think the look would be ruined with a cake of the stuff personally.

36258de62b9e5a105336f34f594c425d.jpg

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I agree with this, I just think too much the majority of the time doesn't work out, speaking from my own personal tastes anyway.
This girl does quite well with minimal make up, I think the look would be ruined with a cake of the stuff personally.

36258de62b9e5a105336f34f594c425d.jpg
Dan, your transition is coming along really well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom